Job Posting# 889412
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Registered Nurse)
Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
Clinical Research Manager/Principal Investigator
$71,344 to $89,180 per annum commensurate with experience and consistent with UHN Compensation Policy
35 hours per week
Temporary Full-time (1 year with possibility of permanent status)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Clinical Research Coordinator III in our Nephrology Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,600 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world.
University Health Network (UHN) is a research hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto and a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network. The scope of research and complexity of cases at UHN have made it a national and international source for discovery, education and patient care. Research across UHN's seven research institutes spans the full spectrum of diseases and disciplines, including cancer, cardiovascular sciences, transplantation, neural and sensory sciences, musculoskeletal health, rehabilitation sciences, and community and population health. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Working under the direction of the Investigator and/or more senior staff, the Clinical Research Coordinator III collaborates with MD and multidisciplinary health care team in the recruitment of study participants (e.g. identifies and screens potential subjects, obtains informed consent, conducts pre-testing and administers questionnaires or other data collection tools); plans, implements and coordinates all aspects of data collection and source documentation, as per UHN policy and ICH/GCP guidelines; identifies problems using assessment skills and reports any abnormalities to MD or health care team member; executes study-related administrative tasks, such as collection of regulatory documents, ethics submissions, etc.; conducts telephone and/or clinical recruitment interviews to collect data using established criteria; coordinates patient visits schedule as per study protocol; executes all aspects of study visit (e.g. assessment, adverse events, monitoring safety, medication, questionnaires, sample collection, including venipuncture, processing and shipment of samples according to clinical protocol); assesses study-related literature; and liaises with sponsor for monitoring/audits.
- At minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Current registration with the College of Ontario
- Holds recognized certification in clinical research (e.g., ACRP or SOCRA)
- Minimum three (3) clinical and/or professional experience
- At least three (3) years clinical research experience
- Experience with initiation of IV needle and maintenance of intravenous therapy preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret complex clinical study protocols
- Knowledge in submitting REB & Health Canada application an asset
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet challenging study timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal oversight
- Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and laboratory procedures an asset
- Familiarity with ICH/GCP guidelines and the Canadian and US regulatory environments
- Data management and/or monitoring experience an asset
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and attention to detail
- Computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
December 2, 2021 Closing Date: Until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.