Community Support Services of Niagara is a not for profit volunteer based agency providing home support programs to seniors and adults with disabilities in the Niagara Region.
The incumbent is responsible for coordination and administration of the volunteer and therapeutic recreational activities to meet the needs of seniors or adults with disabilities residing in supportive housing buildings. This is a permanent part time (21 hours) position within the St. Catharines’ area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and participates in various social and therapeutic recreational activities to: increase socialization, increase tenant participation, promote independence, improve the tenants’ quality of life
- Completes intakes for all services and supports provided
- Completes assessments on all individuals who are not able to participate in group activities and develops programming to meet client need
- Works in collaboration with the volunteer coordinator to recruit and train volunteers to provide programming
- Maintains and enhances ongoing social activities occurring at program sites
- Makes payment for purchased services such as food or events and maintains appropriate records of payment
- Monitors service, determines client satisfaction, volunteer satisfaction and resolves any issues
- Participates in performance and quality measurements, compiling program indicators and outcomes
- Maintains attendance records for activities
- Produces and distributes event flyers and calendars
- Works as a team member with the other partners
- Maintains accurate recording of statistics and client interactions in database
- Performs other duties and functions as required
- Educational background in recreational therapy and/or social services
- Previous experience working with seniors or adults with a disability
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills - Word, Excel and database
- Ability to work independently & as a team member
- Ability to work evenings as required
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of automobile to travel to program sites is required
Wage: $18.00 – 20.80 per hour
Noon on Monday April 1, 2019
CSSN is an equal-opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Support Services of Niagara will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process upon request.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Job Type: Part-time
- Recreation: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with seniors: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class G Drivers license (Preferred)