The Recruitment Consultant is responsible for providing support in all facets of the recruitment process in order to meet the needs of our clients. This includes supporting Sudbury, Timmins and Thunder Bay offices by sourcing, screening and identifying qualified candidates who are the best fit for our clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Source and implement innovative recruitment strategies to attract the most suitable candidates for temporary, contract and permanent employment opportunities in various industries.
- Communicate with internal team members to ensure a clear understanding of the client’s immediate and future needs.
- Initiate the process of filing job orders.
- Review job descriptions, make necessary changes and post to appropriate internet job boards or other position appropriate venues.
- Screen all resumes and applications.
- Make contact with potential candidates via social media, cold calling, networking with existing contacts, etc.
- Pre-screen candidates by having preliminary conversations, conducting interviews (in-person whenever possible), and reference checks.
- Collaborate with the Account Manager to facilitate the hiring of qualified candidates.
- Liaise with all candidates throughout the recruitment process and until hired.
- Keep up-to-date documentation regarding candidates; maintain accurate records in Avionte, our CRM and ATS system.
- Source and build the candidate network using both traditional and innovative recruiting strategies to attract active and passive candidates.
- Track and report on key performance indicators and recruiting trends.
- Monitor Calstone Search/Workforce Inc.’s recruitment practices to ensure compliance with applicable provincial employment and human rights legislation.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and candidates to help grow the business.
- Position Calstone Search/Workforce Inc. as the premiere supplier of trades, labour and professionals in various natural resources driven industries.
Education and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field.
- Experience in the recruitment industry.
- Experience working with recruitment software program(s).
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Well-versed in using the internet for recruiting.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Skilled in database management.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to anticipate future needs and plan ahead.
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent