Who We Are
At Litco Law, we are known for our extraordinary and unsurpassed firm culture – and for the people behind that culture. We’ve been recognized as a Canadian Top Employer and as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and know that this kind of success only happens when you have amazing people on your team who are passionate about their work, the company, and their clients.
By joining Litco Law, you will be part of an incredible team of passionate, purpose-driven people who believe in excellence and focus on doing their best work every day. Our core values guide everything we do and are reflected in how we interact with our clients, team members, and community.
Meet our Legal Assistant team here!
Who You Are
Are adaptable and quick to identify issues or needs, and can accommodate last-minute requests and situations
- Are capable of proactively anticipating needs and reacting quickly through developing an analytical approach and thorough understanding of the business
- Have exceptional time management and pride yourself on exemplary organizational skills including but not limited to management of email, digital files, and processes
- Are highly knowledgeable and efficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Are a self-starter and demonstrate a history of holding yourself accountable
- Have 1+ years of litigation experience
- Have completed a Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institute
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Support team by being available to meet with clients for settlement meetings, to swear/affirm Affidavits, sign various documents, or to answer questions as required
- Manage and maintain files in a logical and orderly manner including accurately documenting all data in our file management software
- Assist with coverage of files through task and email management, and be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, opposing counsel, and vendors
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to provide assistance on various tasks and take initiative to support other assistants
- Review, keep track, and abide by various trust conditions on settled files
- Assist with scheduling client settlement meetings and meet with clients to ensure proper documentation is signed and provided to the insurance adjuster or opposing counsel
- Work alongside various departments to ensure documentation is prepared and ready for settlement meetings with clients
- Assist in the collection of evidence needed to advance the client’s claim
- Draft, file and serve pleadings including but not limited to Statement of Claims, Affidavit of Records, various Applications and Affidavits, etc.
- Schedule Independent Medical Examinations, Vocational, or specialist assessments for the client as needed
What We Offer
At Litco Law, we know that a caring team is a team that is cared for. Just a few of the perks of joining our team include:
- High-performance culture – You can be a dreamer, and you’re not the only one. Thrive in our A-player community of high-achieving visionaries with a passion for finding ways to make a positive impact.
- Learning and development opportunities – We will support and invest in your evolution and improvement because we believe that exceptional people crave the opportunity to grow.
- Freedom and responsibility – We have a culture of freedom and responsibility, which means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way. We believe in trust and transparency, flexibility, recognition, and appreciation.
- Health and Wellness benefits – The well-being of our team members always comes first. Health benefits, a virtual employee assistance program, and a flexible health and wellness spending account are just a few of the ways we support our team.
- In-house book club – We get paid to read! At Litco Law, we believe in rewarding our team members for investing time in their personal and professional development.
- Flexibility – Yes, the rumours are true! We offer unlimited paid vacation!
Check out our Careers website here to learn more.
We Are Growing Fast. Join Us.
Litco Law provides a home for the mountain climbers, dreamers, and hardworking people who want to make a difference in the world. We offer multiple locations, state-of-the-art technology to support our clients and team members, and a workplace culture like no other. Join us today.