The North Warning System (NWS) is a joint United States and Canadian radar system that includes 47 radar sites spanning the Arctic from Labrador to the Alaska border. The NWS provides the capability to detect airborne threats across North America's polar region, providing a command and control capability to the Canadian Air Defence Sector (CADS) of the North American Aerospace Defence Command (NORAD).
Raytheon will provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the NWS system including full care, custody, and control of the entire NWS and its components. This includes 47 radar sites; five logistics support sites (LSSs), a monitoring and control center, and a radar depot. Key activities include radar, equipment and facilities maintenance/repair; logistics support; and remote monitoring and control.
Mission Assurance is the commitment we make to our customers that our systems and services are the most reliable in the world. Raytheon seeks a Mission Assurance Manager to support the NWS program. The Mission Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of quality management systems and is accountable for ensuring compliance with customer and ISO requirements.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, implement, and maintain Quality Management Systems
- Prepare, maintain and implement the NWS Quality Management Plan and Risk Management Plan
- Serve as a key member of the program leadership team, ensuring successful program performance through effective collaboration and compliance to processes and procedures
- Liaise with the customer, suppliers, internal departments to ensure alignment and ensure that customer requirements are met
- Participate in formal Program Management Reviews, gates, customer meetings, change control boards, risk and opportunity boards, technical exchange meetings and program working groups
- Schedule, perform and document periodic verifications, audits, and inspections to verify overall program implementation and effectiveness
- Implement an internal audit strategy in accordance with ISO and customer requirements
- Responsible for the use of SeeSOR™ to assess and document contract compliance
- Responsible for the management of Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions in support of quality management plan and ISO requirements to address and prevent non-conformances
- Prepare and submit regular Quality Management System reports
- Leads in the application of quality methodologies and tools to promote a collaborative environment focused on continuous quality improvement
- Model Raytheon’s values – Trust, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Accountability
- Possess a post-secondary qualification; either a degree or diploma in a field directly related to the position
- Minimum 7 years’ experience working in an organization with a documented Quality Management System
- Qualified and experienced ISO Lead Auditor
- Detailed working knowledge and understanding of ISO Standards
- Knowledge and experience developing performance metrics
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes such as Six Sigma and/or Lean methodologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with data analysis (i.e., trend, gap and causal analysis, recommend solutions, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Team player, self-starter, results oriented, motivated and able to work independently
- Holds a valid driver’s license, class “G”
- Must complete a criminal reference check and have or be eligible to obtain Level II (Secret) security clearance through the Canadian Government
- Able to occasionally travel to work locations which are in the Canadian Arctic
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification – CMQ/OE, CQA, CQE is an asset
- Creating, maintain, and tracking to a Quality budget in the role of a Control Account Manager within an Earned Value Management system.
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist certification is an asset
- Experience working in geographically dispersed organizations
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and an understanding of work in the Canadian Arctic
Raytheon Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a wide diversity of applicants. Raytheon is committed to providing long-term, sustainable and meaningful economic benefits for Inuit Beneficiaries and their communities through activities such as on-the-job training, mentorship and skills development at all levels of employment. If you are an Inuit Beneficiary or a Land Claim Beneficiary from the Nunatsiavut, Nunavut or Inuvialuit Settlement Region you are encouraged to submit your resume.
NWS promotes employment equity as part of the Legislated Employment Equity Program and encourages those who are: a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority to apply. Individuals contacted for a job opportunity should advise the company of any accommodation measures needed in a timely manner.
Successful completion of security clearances are required by candidate prior to starting on the program. Candidate must complete a criminal reference check and pass a security clearance check to a level as required for the position through the Canadian Government.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Reference ID: 169821BR-NWS Mission Assurance Manager
Expected Start Date: 2021-01-04
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- ISO Lead Auditor: 7 years (Required)
- Quality Management System: 7 years (Required)
- Quality Assurance: 7 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- driver’s license, class “G” (Required)