Package Handler - East End
Check out this link for an inside look at our package handler position.
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn: li: activity: 6438406246499438592
Are you currently in school or planning on continuing your education? UPS will pay up to $3000 per semester through our tuition reimbursement program!
At UPS, we also discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
UPS is currently looking for Part-time Warehouse Preloaders at our Ottawa location starting at $14.25 per hour. With top rates of $25.99 per hour.
Job Classifications: Part-time Warehouse
- Job Type: Permanent/Hourly
- Job Location: 2281 Stevenage drive, Ottawa ON
- Work days: Monday - Fridays no exceptions
- Scheduled Shift: Varying start times (can be as early as 2 AM) 3-5 hour shifts ending around 9 AM*
- Category: Warehouse Operations
*Preloaders will be required to work five days a week with slight changes in shift hours. Shift hours may vary due to the changes in package volume.
**Regular public transit is not available for the area during the early morning hours**
The hours for this job are early and may begin as early as 2 AM
Preloaders are responsible for the loading, unloading, sorting, and scanning of packages in the center. They move a variety of packages and they process these for the drivers to deliver.
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Ability to regularly lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
- Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks or similar equipment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding and temperature changing warehouse environment
- Must be able to work with and recognize postal codes, routing charts and maps
- valid G or G2 drivers license.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $3000 per semester plus $300 reimbursement for books (conditions apply).
- Full training provided
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Starting wage $14.25 plus bonuses.
- Guaranteed wage progression up to $25.99 per hour
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Group insurance and pension benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free onsite parking
- Referral bonus up to $300
- $300 bonus at 30 days of employment
- $700 bonus at 90 days of employment
- $1000 bonus at 1 year of employment
**UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment and welcomes all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.**
**All candidates must successfully complete series of interviews, a criminal history check and references verification in order to qualify.**
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.25 to $25.99 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ottawa East, ON (Preferred)
- G2 or G drivers (Required)