The transportation driver is directly responsible for driving clients to and from their scheduled destinations. Drivers ensure clients are provided with safe transport. Drivers follow their driving schedules, maintain regular communication with scheduling staff, report vehicle maintenance issues and participate in regular training sessions.
- Transport clients to and from appointments using agency vehicle
- Responsible for safe management of clients accessing vehicle to and from building/door or home
- Responsible for daily vehicle inspection and report any deficiencies to the supervisor
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfection of vehicle and equipment used (i.e. Transportation Wheelchair)
- Represents CANES Community Care in a positive and professional manner
- Responsible for completing event/incident reports
- Other duties and assigned
- Valid B, C or F licence a must
- Clean Driver's Abstract
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Familiarity with GTA and surrounding areas
- High School Diploma required
- The nature of this job requires that the incumbent be physically able to assist clients, fold walkers and wheelchairs and place them in the vehicle, and assist with grocery shopping bags
- The nature of this job requires the ability to push or pull a client in a wheelchair for short distances where the overall weight may be up to 300 lbs.
- Experience working with frail and elderly individuals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read schedules and write reports
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Working after hours may be required
Unionized position under CUPE Local 3808 Collective Agreement
POSTING END DATE: Until position is filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANES Community Care is an equal opportunity employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities ACT (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent