ABOUT CMP AUTOMATION:
CMP Automation is a medium sized, vertically integrated manufacturer of turnkey automation equipment, providing custom manufacturing automation solutions to various industries. Since 1988, we have primarily supplied the automotive industry, in North America and overseas, specializing in small diameter tubing automation.
CMP is considered a leading OEM in the automotive tubing industry, specializing in machine automation for small diameter tubing.
CMP’s strong team of designers and machine builders has a long history in the specialized field of small diameter tube bending as well as broader automation. With our vertically integrated business model, CMP has become an industry leader in several additional areas of specialization. These include material handling systems for the Oil & Gas tube manufacturers, Automotive Seat Assembly Pallets & Conveyor Line Automation and Horticulture Automation.
- Set up and operate, to prescribed tolerances, equipment (e.g. lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, drills, saws, boring machines) for the manufacturing of machine tooling.
- Read and interpret blueprints, operation and product-related reference charts and tables and select mechanical measuring, checking and layout tools and devices.
- Execute measuring, checking and layout operations and select work piece materials and the required cutting tools and abrasives for metal removal operations.
- Perform metal removing operations using hand and power tools and select work piece clamping and holding devices and product-related components.
- Manufacture component parts, assemble and test tools, jigs and fixtures for machine integration with electro-mechanical sub-assemblies and systems components.
- Fit and assemble parts and sub-assemblies to build special-purpose machinery.
- Integrate pneumatic and hydraulic systems into special-purpose machinery as required.
- Be informed about project status through Project Managers, Toolroom Foreman and Toolroom Group Leaders.
- Ensure that CMP standards are met during the machining and assembly process.
- Proceed with floor assembly according to design; assembling the machinery in a safe and proper order. Coordinate with the Electrician, Fabricator and PLC Programmer to provide for their needs, in a timely manner. Advise Toolroom Group Leader and designers of any floor assembly design problems, coordinating rework if required.
- Participate in the debug/integration of the machine or station start up. Completing the set up checks of stations before PLC Programmers are scheduled to be on the station. Check to see if cycle times are achievable; and advising the designers of potential problems. Run the entire machine with the group and others, if required, to check functionality of operator stations, operator interface, loading and unloading areas, and guarding for ease of maintenance.
- Provide mechanical support during machine acceptance.
- Participate in the tear down and shipping of the equipment, dismantling in an orderly fashion to minimize the installation time at customers’ site.
- Be an ambassador for CMP at the customers’ site. Providing a quick and efficient installation of the equipment at customers’ site. Follow all safety procedures according to CMP Health and Safety policies in addition to any customer on site Health and Safety procedures.
- Reassemble equipment to the point of buy-off at customers’ site. Train maintenance and operators on running equipment and following safety procedures.
- Work with assigned manual writer to instruct special requirements of the machine.
- Adhere to all CMP Health and Safety rules and procedures.
A Certificate of Qualification as a Toolmaker, Tool and Die Maker, Machine Builder or a Community college diploma in Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
Must have five years hands-on toolmaking, assembly, troubleshooting and small diameter tube bender building experience.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING:
- A dynamic work environment which encourages teamwork, initiative and creativity;
- Career development and education opportunities;
- A competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including a benefit package
- Extra-curricular social activities (golf, BBQ’s and many more social events).
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Candidates who are interested in joining our dynamic team are invited to forward their resume via email, indicating the position in the subject line of their email.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMP Automation is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time