The PSW Skills Development & Care Coordinator performs functions to assist to oversee QCareKWC Personal Support Worker (PSW) staff while providing care to patients in the community. The Client Care Coordinator's responsibilities will be carried out in accordance to QCareKWC's professional healthcare standards.
The PSW Skills Development & Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring patient personal care is provided in a safe and respectable manner. The Coordinator demonstrates competence in his/her scope of practice, seeks assistance from the Nursing Leadership Team when appropriate, is accountable for his/her actions and promotes a supportive environment for both staff and patients.
Location of Work:
Hamilton, Brantford and surrounding rural areas
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
PSW Skills Development:
- Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the acceptance of client care referrals for PSW support in the community;
- Ensure field staff have the appropriate knowledge, skill and judgement to perform the duties of care required;
- Work alongside the Operations Team to coordinate the set up and delivery of community care for individuals requiring PSW support;
- Attend client meetings and care conferences on behalf of QCareKWC;
- Create, maintain and follow client centred care plans for clients receiving nursing support;
- Ensure the timely submission of health related documentation;
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of community care staff in the field;
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings as appropriate;
- Provide urgent updates in a timely manner in the case of an incident or reportable event; follows QCareKWC incident reporting guidelines;
- Assist with same day or unfilled service referrals (within scope of practice);
- Ensure a safe and supportive environment for all staff members; remain aware of anticipated risks that ay compromise patient/caregiver safety
- Develop and implement a community healthcare provider training model/program specific to community health care workers;
- Train, mentor, and develop the skills of community healthcare workers within a supportive education-based environment.
- Lead new hire orientations; work alongside our Recruitment Coordinator in the selection, orientation and training of newly hired Personal Support Workers.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the performance of community healthcare workers in the field.
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of the community to ensure continuous improvement in QCareKWC's internal skills development programs.
- Graduate of an approved school of Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing)
- Developed and taught clinical training programs (programs centred in community care is considered an asset)
- Experience in a nursing leadership role
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Drivers license required
Any questions pertaining to the role of this position can be directed to the Nursing Leadership Team. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com. While we thank all applicants,only those selected for an interview will be contacted.