Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Provide support for exchange traded options in a timely and efficient manner. Work as part of a team, providing backup and support for all functions within the Contracts & Options departments. Assume new roles and responsibilities as assigned, driven by new and changing business requirements. Will also provide support for other desks such as US and Canada Equity Clearing and Trade Admin.
1. Perform the following functions on a daily basis;
- Balance CDCC/OCC reconciliation & process settlement
- Process option assignment/exercise
- Process option transfer between brokers
- Send Option trades to custodial brokers
- Monitor and faciliate pledged securities Escrow
2. Prepare the following functions daily or as required;
- Monitor illogical & pair off report for CDCC items and take appropriate action
- Process CDCC series adjustments
- Take appropriate action for institutional exc/and settlements
- Submit FIFO information on CDCC
- Report Options Positions to the TMX/CDCC regarding holdings over established regulatory thresholds
- Monitor corporate actions and ensure that special settlement instructions are reflected in the appropriate accounts
3. Cross training on other areas of the department such as Trade correction, Canadian & US Clearing Desks, and any new desks that may emerge
- Perform daily tasks for these desks
- Monitor Webpost continually for trade corrections, prioritizing market action requests
- Provide coverage and support for other members of the Credit & Brokerage teams as requires and directed.
4. Work with team to complete requirements of Option weekly/monthly expire.
5. Provide customer service in accordance with Scotia Service Standards.
6. Acquire & maintain knowledge of all systems required to complete these tasks in an efficient manner.
Must possess sound knowledge of the following systems used by the department: On Demand, Microsoft Excel , CDCC Sola, OCC Encore & OAES
- Ability to provide reliable and timely responses professionally to direct inquiries from advisors cdcc, occ & exchange personel, other broker/dealers
- Knowledge of options products including option expiry.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Complete understading of trade reporting systems
- Arrow, AS400, BPSA, Webpost, Broadridge products (pertaining to trade processing)
- Strong Analytical/Problem solving skills
- The incumbent must also have strong communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to remain professional in difficult and/or high stress situations when dealing with sales force and trading desk.
- A University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or working towards the CSC, an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication & listening skills
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.