At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
The Buyer purchases products and equipment needed for store set up and maintenance.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Ensure that all decisions regarding negotiations, product selection, and supplier selection are directly related to needs
- Act as the main Lowe's Canada representative with manufacturers and suppliers
- Negotiate with manufacturers and suppliers to obtain the best terms on the market, taking into account volume, quality, and delivery times
- Manage the cost prices of equipment products (warehouses and stores) according to established specifications
- Search for new products and suppliers
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- Knowledge of computer software (e.g., Excel and Word)
- Ability to communicate with suppliers
- Customer driven approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on several projects at a time
- Knowledge of the equipment and supplies industry (an asset)
- In-store experience (a major asset)
- Bilingualism (English and French)
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A fitness centre, sports activities, and showers
- A childcare centre that can accommodate up to 78 children
- A cafeteria with a delicious menu prepared by a dedicated chef, healthy options, as well as Starbucks and Tim Hortons coffee stations
- Exclusive employee discounts, plus a 10% discount on store merchandise (at all Lowe’s Canada locations)
- Benefits: retirement savings plan, annual bonuses, stock purchase plan, student incentive program, etc.
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Electric car charging stations
- Career growth opportunities within the company
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.