In expanding our R&D team, we are seeking an Applied Scientist to build upon Cyclica’s strong validation efforts. Applied scientists seek out relevant drug discovery questions, apply Cyclica’s technology to address them, and evaluate the quality of the results generated by the platform. Further, these scientists will identify opportunities for innovation, highlighting expanded use cases of the technology and guiding the development of innovative solutions. As experts in the application of the technology, Applied Scientists will also be tasked with managing the research component of client-projects, generating results, and preparing scientific reports for delivery.
This position is open to M.Sc. graduates in any life science related field, with a broad understanding of biochemistry/ pharmacology/ bioinformatics and excellent communication skills. Subject-specific training will be provided.
Cyclica is a Toronto-based, venture-backed biotechnology company that has recently been named by Deep Knowledge Analytics as one of the top 20 AI in Pharma companies globally. Cyclica provides its web-based drug discovery platform to world-class pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and academic partners to enable the rapid development of safer and more effective medicines.
- Apply Cyclica’s suite of technology to existing drug discovery problems and discover new opportunities to apply the technology and/or guide the innovation of new solutions
- Conduct research to publish case studies and peer-reviewed reports which will be used by the Marketing team for client acquisition purposes
- Conduct research for client-projects requiring the application of Cyclica’s technology and generate scientific reports
- Will be required to communicate with clients to ensure alignment with desired project goals and outcomes
- Will act as initial testers of the platform and assist with quality assurance and support documentation
- M.Sc. in a life science related field
- Broad understanding of biochemistry, pharmacology, systems biology and/or genetics
- Outstanding written communication a must
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Ph.D. in a life science related field
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry experience
- Experience interpreting macromolecular structural data
- Experience handling, interpreting and visualising large -omics level data
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with software development processes
Job Type: Full-time
- Toronto, ON (Required)