Become a part of Toronto’s most exciting grassroots basketball organization!
BWT is one of Toronto’s most professional grassroots basketball organizations that plans, develops and manages high quality basketball programs including leagues, camps, and tournaments for men, women and youth year round. We are a professional, fun, dynamic basketball organization that started off as a small business and has grown substantially since our inception in 2006. BWT was founded to meet a need for high quality basketball programs with a more authentic basketball approach to the development and management of the programs. For more information check out www.bwt.ca.
LENGTH OF POSITION- 4 Month Contract (min.) with the option for extended seasons.
BWTrequires youthful dynamic basketball minded individuals to help work as BWT Youth House League – ASSISTANT Coach. This individual will be expected to fulfill the requirements of the position throughout the term of FALL(September-December) or WINTER(January-March) or SPRING(April to June) or SUMMER(June-August). This is a part-time paid position for approximately 2-6 hours per week. Reporting to the Youth Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Group instruction to youth ages 5-7, 8-11 and/or 12-16.
- Run drills with detailed explanation to ensure players understand.
- Work to improve youth’s knowledge of basketball while teaching life skills & promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Practice and demonstrate leadership qualities throughout each weekly session.
- Positive and cheerful attitude towards all players.
- Responsible for general safety for each player.
- Being active, encouraging and energetic.
- Must be able to arrive at specified times and work all hours that are assigned.
- Maintain health and safety standards while keeping facilities organized and clean.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Experience as a coach/assistant coach is required
- N.C.C.P Level 1 certified is mandatory
- Proof of a recent Vulnerable Sector / Police Check. If you do not have this, you will need to get this before you can start to coach.
- Able to communicate effectively with youth, staff, and parents while building relationships
- Reliable, punctual, hardworking, and a motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch
- Knowledge and interest in the game of basketball
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- First aid and CPR certified is mandatory
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
BWT runs programs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings/afternoons. Weekday shifts range from 5:45pm-10:00pm and weekend shifts range from 8:00am-4:00pm. We will only be offering interviews to candidates available for a minimum of 2 nights.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online at www.bwt.ca, by clicking on JOIN BWT and then Jobs. Use the online application form to apply. Only candidates we are interested in interviewing will be contacted back based on fit for this position and the culture of BWT. Please state in your cover letter what coaching experience you have and how many years.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Basketball Coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Toronto (Required)
- N.C.C.P. Certification (Preferred)
- English (Required)