18 Wheels Logistics is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in BC, with operations in Alberta and Washington State.
As a result of our continued expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Controller. The position will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the leadership of the accounting team and all accounting operations. This position is integral to managing the continued growth of the company and will work closely with Senior Management.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that continues to expand and provides the opportunity to develop and grow with the company. Our head office is located in Burnaby.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and leadership of the accounting department and all accounting operations.
- Manage and provide guidance to the accounting team, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, internal control, and procedures.
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, establishing and monitoring close procedures. Consolidate financial statements as required.
- Set performance measures for the accounting team and ensure all goals and targets are met.
- Coordinates the year-end audit process including the review and/or preparation of working papers, schedules, analyses and other required documentation.
- Together with senior accounting team members oversee and improve A/R, A/P, Payroll.
- Evaluate, improve and document the accounting processes and systems. Assist with the integration / migration of the accounting system.
- Provide leadership, train and develop junior accounting team members
- Work with the operations teams to help improve performance and ensure internal controls are maintained on a company-wide basis.
- Monitor and analyze business’ financial performance and make recommendations to improve performance. Assist in setting and monitoring KPI's.
- Responsible for budgeting / planning and providing timely managerial reporting of business results.
- Financial and business analysis of key business project and processes.
- Work with Senior Management on strategic / ad hoc projects.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 6+ years of progressive related experience
- Ability to go above and beyond to meet goals and succeed
- 3+ years experience leading the accounting function, proven ability to run an efficient accounting department
- CPA designation preferred (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Ability to coach and develop accounting team members
- Detailed orientated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience setting integrating/migrating accounting and operational/transaction systems an asset but not requirement
- Experience with ERP systems and Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset but not a requirement
- Experience in HR (hiring, KPI's, performance improvement) an asset but not a requirement.
- Cantonese or Mandarin an asset but not a requirement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Leading an accounting tem: 3 years (required)