Standard Broadband is one of Southern Ontario's largest independent telecommunications providers. Since 1998 Standard Broadband has been providing homes and businesses with reliable Internet, telephone and hosting solutions. Standard Broadband operates one of the largest independent networks in Southern Ontario using Microwave and Fiber Optic base transport.
Standard Broadband is currently looking for a Desktop Support Technician. This role will require working both at customer sites and remotely from our offices in Acton Ontario. You will be working as part of our technical support department and responsible for supporting our managed service customers. Your role will be responsible for supporting computer deployment, desktop support of common operating systems and offer productivity software suites, Windows and Linux server environments and general day to day requests from our clients via email, phone and onsite visits.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional customer support to end users.
- Help customers resolve day to day challenges, by delivering innovative and scalable resolutions.
- Respond to email, online and telephone client support requests.
- Troubleshoot, triage and resolve customer support issues; providing concise details to internal teams and to the customer.
- Analyze each issue for root cause, determining if the issue could have been prevented by changes in software or business process, and working with management to review and implement changes.
- Capture details of support requests in our ticketing system.
- Ensure client support tickets are resolved in a fast and professional manner and comply to the agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Facilitate relationships across various customer teams, internal teams and departments to further strengthen our customer partnerships.
- Advocate new platform features and assist clients in the adoption of new products via upgrades and configuration changes. Provide instruction and documentation to ensure the technical success of these initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptionally strong and professional communication skills.
- Must be client service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability and initiative.
- Excellent follow-through with minimal management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically, while providing consistent and high levels of client satisfaction and retention in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact both effectively with non-technical and technical users.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- 2-3 years experience in a desktop support role.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, Windows Server, macOS and Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and Office 365 environments.
- Extensive experience with Google G Suite environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory environments would be considered an asset.
- Experience with mobile device configuration for common account types such as Exchange, O365, GMail, etc.
- Understanding of DNS, IP routing
- Understanding of VPN technologies such as PPTP, L2TP and OpenVPN.
- Firewall configuration and management experience on Sonicwall and Meraki platforms.
- Valid Ontario Drivers License (G2 or greater) and own vehicle – this is a MUST have
- Safe Driving record with no suspensions of any kind on your driving abstract
What We Are Offering
- A great benefit package including medical and dental benefits
- Professional development
- Friendly office culture and open plan office
Standard Broadband is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an in interview will be contacted. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Standard Broadband's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Casual Dress
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Desktop Support: 2 years (Required)