Administrative & Safety Assistant
Beehive Support Services Association
Drayton Valley, AB
About Beehive Support Services Association:
Operating since 1975, Beehive Support Services Association is an agency that continues to grow.
- We provide a wide range of supports and services for Individuals with developmental disabilities and diverse needs.
- We strive to make a difference in the lives of Individuals by respecting, honouring, and celebrating the equality and abilities of all people.
- The Association believes in a support system that is directed by the Individual in service
- The Administrative & Safety Assistant will work collaboratively and provide administrative support to the Executive Director and the Executive Assistant.
- Will oversee the Building Rentals and documentation required
- Revisions of forms
- Assist with coordinating, planning and implementing fundraising events
- Monthly tracking of safety inspections, medication tracking, mileage etc.
- Assist with website maintenance
- Coordinate and lead the Health and Safety meeting monthly, documentation and any follow-up required, etc.
- This position will have you apply your skills to a variety of Administrative, Health and Safety duties.
- You will play a critical role in supporting the ongoing operation of the Agency.
- Proven skills in office administration
- knowledge on OHS
- In depth working knowledge of a variety of computer software
- Able to work independently and within a Team
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with Individuals, staff, community and customers
- A well-developed understanding of the broader range of community needs
- Criminal Record Check Must Be Brought to Interview
- Child Welfare Intervention Check Must Be Brought To Interview
- First Aid Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License
- The ability to positively influence people is crucial to getting safety initiatives off the ground.
- Commitment to worker safety is critical, as is a dedication to safety policy regulations
- 2 years’ experience in a Health & Safety environment ( An in-depth knowledge of regulatory concerns is a great starting point, but that knowledge needs to be combined with hands-on experience documenting, reporting, investigating and preventing work-related incidents)
- Office Administration Certificate or equivalent experience (3-5 yrs.)
- Well-developed computer and reporting skills (proficient in Microsoft Office Suite)
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Critical thinking
Job Type: Full-time