Position: Program Supervisor
Type: Full-time (Perm)
Posting #: 2500-PS-210512
Hourly Rate: $32.53
Schedule: Weekdays, with rotational on-call duties (40 hrs/wk)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver (EFry) is a charitable organization that supports women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness, and crime.
Located in Surrey, A’mutis a full-time live-in program for adjudicated Indigenous female youth between the ages of 12-to-18 as an alternative to incarceration. Youth support workers manage the day to day living environment and provide culture-based programming that addresses substance use, wellness and mastering new skills for their futures. Staff are supported by an art facilitator, Elder, and community-based resources.
· Manage the program, ensuring organizational goals, requirements and accreditation standards are being met.
· Work with funders and EFry management to ensure program deliverables are achieved
· Provide direct supervision to program staff, including performance evaluation and management, including counselling and cultural supports
· Responsible for recruiting and retaining program staff
· Oversees referral system, screening, admissions, case conferences and case management
· Manage program budgets
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in the community
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· A degree in social work, counselling, or related field (Masters preferred), or the equivalent combination of education and experience totaling (8) eight years.
· Three years of previous direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of a specific community-based program and related provincial and community support is required.
· Understanding of Indigenous cultural matters as it pertains to service delivery, including cultural safety and cultural humility
· Knowledge of youth issues, substance use, trauma, poverty issues and community resources.
· Knowledge of legislation policies and procedures pertaining to Youth Justice, Landlord Tenant’s Act, Social Assistance, the Mental Health Act and Substance Use Services.
· Experience with strength-based approaches.
· Exceptional administrative, management, and organizational skills.
· The ability to function independently and frequently under pressure while managing concurrent needs and problems, including managing emergency situations.
· Demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership, including the ability to motivate teams and ensure effective teamwork
· Ability to mentor and supervise a diverse team of workers.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to provide guidance to staff, identifying individual care plans and client centered goals.
· Must possess solid judgement, problem solving, critical thinking, analytical skills, and the ability to perform while under pressure.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Experience working with Indigenous cultures and understanding of culturally safe practices.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Food Safe Level 1 and Standard First Aid with CPR-C.
· Evidence of a Tuberculosis Test and compliance with the TB Control Program.
· Doctor’s Note of fitness required.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Review (Vulnerable Sector Search).
- Must have valid driver’s license (Class 5)
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
EFry is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applicants that represent those we serve. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and field experience.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: $32.53
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.53 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)