The Exeter Business Improvement Area (BIA) is accepting applications for the full-time permanent position of BIA Manager. Working under the supervision and reporting directly to the BIA Board of Directors, the successful candidate is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Exeter BIA, including coordination, communication and administration.
The position will work out of the South Huron Welcome Centre in Exeter.
- Marketing and promotions, including: coordination of all promotional campaigns; media relations; management of the BIA website and social media accounts.
- Coordination of all BIA events, including: business participation; sponsor, media and volunteer relations; marketing promotion; successful event and post-event execution.
- Beautification support, including: flower purchase and maintenance, street pole banner and decorative light maintenance, implementation support for the Community Improvement and Streetscape Design Plan and general encouragement for a clean and aesthetically pleasing commercial district.
- Communications, relationship management and advocacy, including: ongoing communications, collaboration and maintenance of positive relationships with BIA members, the South Huron Chamber of Commerce, Municipal staff and elected officials, the County of Huron and other county-wide and provincial organizations including the Ontario BIA Association (OBIAA), the Regional Tourism Organization 4 (RTO4) and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) as well as community organizations to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Administrative support, including: meeting facilitation, monthly reporting, treasury support, office management and management of the South Huron Welcome Centre.
- Other related tasks or duties as directed by the BIA Board of Directions.
- A university degree or college diploma in marketing communications, business, economic or community development or a related discipline or relevant experience.
- Experience working with businesses, volunteer boards of management and municipal governments preferred.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication, time management, organization, problem solving and customer service.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, various social media platforms, Wordpress, etc.
- Outgoing and energetic with the ability to engage and motivate others.
- Demonstrates leadership and project management experience and ability.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a dynamic team member in faced-paced environments.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Hours of Work / Wage:
Normal working hours are 40 hours per week with core working hours between 8:00am and 5:00pm. The position may be required to work additional hours if volume and scope requires, including attendance at meetings outside of normal business hours.
Wage range: $38,000 - $48,000, based on experience.
Please forward a letter of application and resume by Friday, February 7 at 12pm, preferably by email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected under the Municipal Freedom and Information and Protection Privacy Act and is used for the candidate selection process only. Accommodations are available on request for all parts of the recruitment process.
Reference ID: BIA Manager
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year