Ironclad Developments Inc. is seeking an individual to join our team in the capacity of Chief Operating Officer. This position will be held at our head office located in Winnipeg, MB. The COO will report direct to the CEO.
Ironclad Developments Inc. is a national construction and development company specializing in multifamily. Our company produces more than 1000 units per annum of new product across Canada. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader, team orientated with a collaborative focus on managing and structuring teams within our headquarters and across all markets. The successful candidate will be focus driven with exceptional insight into organizational structure, strategic planning to accommodate for continued growth and be able to develop inter departmental processes to achieve a high level of performance.
Group benefits, Pension and Deferred Profit Sharing are some of the inclusions offered within this role.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in corporate budgets, implementing systems for large scale operations, proven organizational abilities and the supervision of multiple managerial staff. Experience working in a large, mission-driven organization preferred.
Education: CCA Designation from the Canadian Construction Association in Construction Management preferred but not needed to apply. Bachelor's degree in Post-Secondary education in Business Management, MBA, Finance or other appropriate discipline is desired, related experience may be considered DOQ.
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and lead people to superior performance, while working through complex issues in a large organization internally.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate and network with external resources such as trade partners and governing authorities.
- History of hiring high caliber individuals, strong supervisory skills and the ability to develop the skills of staff within the designated portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and build coalitions and partnerships, along with the ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, representation as a spokesperson when required.
- Ability to interpret and understand financial information; familiarity with the preparation of corporate budgetary compliance and forecasting.
- Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate operating systems and process workflows in order to achieve top performance and productivity.
- Ability to travel into other markets
- Participate either directly or through delegation on development for issues related to acquisitions, project designs, and schedule concerns that can be identified in pre-development and prior to construction phase. Make recommendations to CEO and collaborate with all departments as needed.
- Consult with and advise CEO and others as required or designated regarding: Budgets, Schedules, Operational Planning, and Forecasting.
- Provide leadership and support to staff, ensuring Ironclad Developments Inc. stated core values of Integrity, Honesty and Industry Excellence are in place and subscribed to company wide.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple departments within the scope of operations.
- Monitor and oversee construction safety programs that create and ensure safe working conditions, with strict adherence to safety procedures and policies.
- Develop and recommend appropriate policies congruent with the strategic direction and plans.
- In consultation with the CEO develop and negotiate contractual and trade relations as required.
- Maintain and report Work in Progress reports and deliver to CEO weekly.
- Ensures that all projects meet quality standards and business performance expectations are reaching KPI’ s for both the project and staff.
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates and provide guidance and direction.
- Evaluate subordinates semiannually and annually in collaboration with the dept of HR, providing constructive feedback.
- Contribute to the maximization of efficiency and productivity for all operations within scope.
- Remain current on local, provincial and federal issues related to the construction industry, including key demographics and disseminate the information accordingly in an efficient manner to all invested parties and CEO.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, ensure that appropriate training programs are in place in all areas of operation.
- Take responsibility for facilitating communication among the Head Office and all active projects.
- Responsible for milestone meetings; prior, progress and post are to be held for each project.
- Effectively lead and work in a collaborative manner with all departments under the Ironclad Group of Companies including, Trades, Asset Management, Finance and Human Resources.
- Assess market trends in development within the construction industry for the Canadian markets annually and report data to the CEO.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of Karla Van Damme - Human Resource Manager
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)