Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting is a non-union entity which offers a full complement of industrial equipment related services, site maintenance, rentals and skilled labour. It is a part of the SECON Group of Companies. Tundra takes great pride in providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will operate equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. You will be responsible for safely executing various millwrighting duties and you will be required to follow all policies and procedures and legislation required to operate the equipment safety.
This is a shut-down position from August 19 - 28, 2019 and the schedule will be based on 12-hour days. Working away from home will be required for this position. LOA will be provided.
This position will be located in Lloydminster, SK.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis, pre and post operating.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or wear and/or damage of equipment to supervisor in order to facilitate corrective action.
- Inspection, installation, adjustment and maintenance of mechanical machines and equipment on site.
- Machine troubleshooting, repair, assembly, and preventative maintenance.
- Dismantling, repairing, and assembling equipment, as required, and in line with manufacturers specifications and recommended standards.
- Safely work from a ladder, platform, staging scaffold, swing stage, or mobile basket.
- Willing to learn from a certified Journeyman Millwright.
The successful candidate will have;
- Strong knowledge in general maintenance & millwrighting
- Apprentice Millwright Ticket
- 5A Driver’s License
- Agricultural Industry experience is considered to be an asset
- Effective self-managing, good problem-solving skills, planning, organizing and priority setting skills combined with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open and flexible to change, take initiative
- Pre-employment medical exam and drug test will be required
With this opportunity, Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting offers a competitive Total Compensation Package, including fair and equitable wages and a comprehensive group benefit plan.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for Tundra Mechanical & Millwrighting.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate has been hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Agricultural Industry: 1 year (Preferred)