Job Posting #:
Rehabilitation - Wellness House
Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Rate of Pay:
$24.17 - $25.15
Internal employees must apply by midnight on October 29, 2020.
Rehabilitation - Wellness House is currently seeking a Temporary Full-Time Clerk III.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
The responsibilities of this position involve co-ordinating reception, referral/assessments, secretarial support, supplies and equipment, hospital van, information systems, clerical activities within the facility, and the dissemination and co-ordination of general information to support the goals and objectives of Wellness House. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer phone calls and transfer to appropriate people.
- Refer client requests/concerns to the appropriate staff member.
- Order lunches/dietary supplies/office supplies/cleaning supplies.
- Book clients for assessments.
- Provide secretarial support for the manager, supervisor, and staff of Wellness House, including confidential reports and correspondence, etc.
- Participate on committees and other work groups as requested.
- Co-ordinate educational sessions for staff at the request of supervisor/manager.
- Monthly billing and tracking of invoices.
- Statistical collection and reporting (Informed/caregiver/ financials).
- Maintain/ track client attendance.
- Provide tax receipts on yearly basis.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable- manage client co-payments.
- Schedule staff in Kronos.
- Schedule and co-ordinate bus routes and collection of payments.
- Assign weekly staff duties.
- Conduct community tours.
- Manage waitlist with LHIN.
- Develop/ create/ edit new forms.
- Provide Regional Funding letters to clients.
- Complete DVA forms for payment.
- Update Special books on a monthly basis.
- Medical Office Administration Diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical Terminology experience required, certificate preferred (may be obtained through above program).
- A minimum of 2 years office administrative or clerical support required.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and a typing speed of 40 wpm is required.
- Familiarity with RAI assessment tool required.
- Ability to accurately transcribe orders is required.
- Demonstrated excellent telephone manner and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities in a fast paced environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a busy, noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated telephone skills consistent with the needs of the clients, caregivers and staff required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to assist the public in a pleasant, helpful and confidential manner.
- Ability to deal with sensitive, confidential information and situations.
- Flexibility working with a multidisciplinary health care team and volunteers.
- Ability to work with and support change.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance required.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new vision, a new Strategic Plan, and begins the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.