Seeking an experienced Financial Administrative Assistant that is accountable for providing complete administrative support in the execution of a wealth management practice business plan while operating in a fast paced, confidential, multi-tasking environment.
- Working closely with the advisors, contributing to the success of the practice by providing sales support, client service and administrative duties
- Strategically working with the advisor to prepare for client meetings, and to follow through with execution of changes made during the meetings with the objective to move the business forward
- Processing and executing all investment and insurance transactions and paperwork with a high degree of accuracy and completeness
- Review and prepare financial (deposits, switches, transfers, redemptions, etc.) and non-financial (change of beneficiary, banking, address, name, etc.) change request documentation
- Reviewing current client files and identify new opportunities in existing files with the advisor
- Maintain, improve, and innovate efficient administrative processes and systems for transaction processing, client data collection, and file maintenance to effectively support planning and sales activities, with a focus on accurate and orderly files and ease of access to information across all team members
- Communicate concisely and efficiently with all stakeholders (advisors, para-planners, clients, back office, product suppliers, etc.) to advance understanding, complete tasks, and resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Interact positively and cheerfully with clients while proactively anticipating and meeting client’s needs and questions
- Enjoy providing good support and service to all stakeholders
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Financial Planning industry
- Licensed, or the ability to be rapidly licensed, for Life and Accident & Sickness Insurance and Mutual Funds
- Hold the CFP, CLU, or other recognized planning designation or be interested in pursuing this education in the future.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with a CRM system
- Previous experience with data management including being able to construct and coordinate the creation of lists and data sets from existing and new information sources and the ability to manipulate data across and between systems (Outlook, Word, Excel, and contact management systems etc.) to efficiently manage information to produce reports and manage administrative/sales/marketing campaigns
- Business Administration Diploma or other Postsecondary Degree in a relevant business discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with financial planning software (optional, but preferred)
- The ability to assess, strategize, simplify, and communicate complicated matters in both oral and written form, engaging others to make and act on needed decisions quickly.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Have a solid understanding of the financial planning and sales process
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate tidiness/neatness and organization
- Have clear, easy-to-read hand-writing
- Have strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working independently and autonomously
- Be curious and have a strong self-learning mindset
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to anticipate advisor/client needs
- The ability to assess administrative processes and find efficiencies
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to quickly adapt to ever-changing priorities/time restrictions
- Maintain staff and client confidentiality
- Organized but flexible to take on a new task of greater urgency
You will be working as part of a mutual team of interdisciplinary professionals. We foster a creative atmosphere that encourages growth and personal development. All resources are provided, and the working environment is highly professional.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Administration: 5 years (Required)