The incumbent will occupy a strategic sourcing role encompassing the Services, Explosives & Logistics categories. The total forecasted spend from a Strategy Sourcing area represents approx. C$ 350m - $450m on an annual basis. Support in the development and implement short/medium term strategies for the Services spend category. Support the operations in delivering commercial solutions for requirements on-site taking into account the overall Supply Chain Strategy using the basic principles of Total Cost of Ownership.
Business Processes (Supply, Production, Maintenance, Cost Management)
- Propose and justify commercial benefit initiatives in new capital, sustaining capital, maintenance programs, and operational spend, by providing detailed and compelling business cases and assisting the Customer Group to compile and execute these business cases.
- Develop Long term strategic contracts and partnership on the concept of total value of ownership
- Develop the strategy for the spend management working with the technical team
- Deliver benefits by leveraging Contract opportunities and supplier capabilities.
- Proactively implement strategic initiatives to better service the Customer Groups, to enhance profitability, reliability and their customer service.
Growth (Continuous Improvement, Project Delivery)
- Responsible for the development, communication and contribution to Procurement Group initiatives with the Customer Groups, by achieving or exceeding targets which directly correlate to profit enhancing outcomes.
- Develop, contribute and implement short/medium term plans and targets in conjunction with those of the Procurement Group and the Customer Groups.
University degree in finance, administration of procurement or a relevant discipline
8-10 years of relevant experience in procurement and category management
Experience in mining industry is considered a strong asset
Fluent in French and English
Salary between 120 000$ - 170 000$ per year