Monstercat is looking for a PR & Press Manager to develop and execute strategic and effective communications from Monstercat to the world through both B2B and B2C methods. This role will be responsible for all PR and Press for four music releases per week, all events, merchandise, gaming initiatives, and general Monstercat storylines. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the PR & Press Manager will be a key player in driving our brand strategies utilizing all departments to position Monstercat at the forefront of music.
What You’ll Do…
Press and Communications
- Create the PR strategy and press plans for all music releases, events, gaming activations and other company initiatives
- Craft press releases for all four weekly music releases
- Develop and coordinate media and pitching plans to support Monstercat’s business goals, including stories around all departments, initiatives, company values, etc
- Constantly look for opportunities to talk about Monstercat with media contacts
- Maintain and expand our press list across all departments
- Aggregate press reports for all releases to provide internally and externally
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to take upcoming music packs and distribute them to appropriate press contacts
- Optimize and maintain our EPK and ensure proper communication of our brand guidelines to both internal and external stakeholders
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Commercial Director to ensure our international efforts are being amplified wherever possible
- Build relationships with international press outlets and utilize our PR & Communications monitoring platform to set targets and build reports
- Set SMART goals and milestones to increase the amount of coverage we’re receiving as a whole, and properly use our tracking platform to track impact, reach and AVE
- Work with the music Brand Managers to amplify our press strategy around label artists and provide consultation on new bios written, as needed.
- Provide guidance to label artists and internal staff regarding interview opportunities and act as primary liaison to speak on behalf of Monstercat for press opportunities.
- 5+ years’ experience in Public Relations
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or relevant field
- Significant, demonstrable experience in leading the development of communication strategies and actionable plans
- Strong copywriting skills
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Ability to track and evaluate placement success using relevant PR metrics
- Established press list of your own that you would be bringing with you; and an ability to expand that rolodex through various methods as well as craft strong ties to contacts in Press
- Clearly convey press opportunities and requirements to internal and external teams
- Proven ability to develop effective and engaging press campaigns for artists and brand narratives that drive engagement and results
- Experience preparing individuals for Interviews as well as taking interviews (phone, written, in-person)
Why Join Monstercat? We Offer the Opportunity to…
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Work at the forefront of music innovation
- Be creative & strategic
- Be rewarded with more opportunity
- Work a flexible work week in our creative Railtown Vancouver office with freshly ground coffee, a fully stocked kitchen, and regular company events
- Utilize a comprehensive health and dental benefits package
Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music label. From the heart of downtown Vancouver, we’ve mastered the art of innovation to award-winning levels. We connect an unparalleled roster of chart-topping artist with fans worldwide, all the while partnering music with distribution players and partnerships that maximize impact. Powered by a collection of creative music lovers and tech aficionados, we’ve successfully forged into the realms of events, apparel, and gaming with signature style.
How to Apply…
On our website, click “Apply for this Job”. To be considered for this role, please include:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter summarizing how your experience, skills, and passions are a perfect match for this role. Please include a brief sentence or two on how music plays a role in your life.
Job Type: Full-time