State Window Corporation is a PROFIT 500 manufacturing and construction company located in Vaughan, ON. State manufactures, designs and installs window wall, curtain wall and railing systems for high rise condominiums.
Our values allow us to thrive in today’s ever-changing global environment. Through innovation and a relentless passion for what we do, we constantly strive to conduct a business that is ethically, responsibly, and sustainably sound. We are extremely proud of this passion, and endlessly driven by dependability, loyalty, and honesty. Finally, our commitment to our customers is what drives us. We take pride in our work. We take pride in our people. We take pride in our dedication to quality, every step of the way.
State is looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor. Apply today if you meet the qualifications.
Reports to the Operations Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for reducing machinery downtime by ensuring that problems are diagnosed quickly, and machines are repaired in a timely fashion.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain effective and preventative maintenance programs to reduce or eliminate machinery downtime;
- Maintain and monitor an adequate spare part and tools inventory without overstocking;
- Develop an OEE plan;
- Plan and manage the maintenance budget;
- Monitor, review, and improve the process for planning and control over capital and operating budgets to prevent cost over runs;
- Assist in the design of new production lines;
- Assist in re-engineering existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met;
- Train, supervise and provide technical leadership for the maintenance technicians;
- Work with production management to develop training programs for lead-hands and other staff on operating the production equipment;
- Perform audits of in-process and closed work orders;
- Set-up and maintain inspection routines, job scheduling, training, and identification of plant improvement plans;
- Control maintenance expenditures in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for site repairs, resources, direct labour, overtime, and contractors;
- Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately within the required timeframes;
- Champion continuous improvement initiatives and safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exists within the department; and
- Any other necessary task assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Millwright or Electrical certification, Bachelor’s degree in a field such as facility management, mechanical/electrical engineering, or in a related technical/management discipline;
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role;
- Electrical/PLC background is preferred;
- Preferred experience with equipment related to aluminum window such as rolling machine, CNC machine for awning and louvers, pro stops for parts and heel beet for silicone;
- Strong communication, technical, and observational skills; and
- Able multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Work may involve some exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and loud noises;
- On site work environment involves some exposure to hazards of physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires wearing construction safety footwear, safety glasses and hard hat for all site work in certain other locations;
- May require heavy lifting;
- Ability to climb ladders;
- At times requires driving a company vehicle; and
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
Health/dental and medical benefits, prescription glasses, safety footwear, 2 weeks-vacation, paid personal days, yearly salary review, performance-based bonuses, bagels every Friday, pizza lunches to celebrate our birthdays, discounted group home/auto insurance, RRSP program, corporate discount with GoodLife Fitness, staff social events and more…
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). SWC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisor: 5 years (Preferred)