Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Social Worker to work at Cariboo Place, our complex senior care community in Williams Lake, BC.
Benefits of working for Vantage Living:
- 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work morethan 20 hours/week.
- Flexible schedules to support your work-life balance.
- Locally owned and operated, supporting the community.
- Beautiful, modern communities that inspire lifestyle.
- A fun and vibrant company culture!
- Supports the move-in/transfer process, participates in care conferences, performs social work assessments of residents and develops plans related to their social service needs;
- Reports on resident psychosocial needs vital to the care planning process including needs for counseling, problem solving, resident rights and issues, family dynamics needs assessment, referrals to agencies and other family issues;
- Tours residents and/or families pre-move-in and/or supports information sharing and decision making over the phone. Assists the Program Manager in coordinating move-ins and transfers as requested;
- Links with and forms meaningful business relations with community resources and referring agencies, including the Health Authority. Liaises with community services on behalf or in support of clients and family members;
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and identification of relevant performance indicators for all functional areas. Under the direction of the Program Manager conducts social service audits, compiles and analyzes data, prepares reports and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Assists the Program Manager to organize educational programs for families and stakeholders on topics of need and interest. Delivers educational programs in areas of expertise;
- Compiles and distributes a list of current resource groups and health education materials for clients and support networks. Participates in employee education related to social services and acts as client advocate regarding care delivery, health status monitoring, family liaison and community/government service access; and
- Connects residents with government agencies to support management of their affairs. Advocates on behalf of residents who are unable to manage affairs due to physical frailty or cognitive impairment. Liaises with the public trustee and powers of attorney as necessary.
To Be Considered:
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or graduate of recognized Social Service Work program, experience working with seniors.
- Physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the position.
- Effective interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skill.
- Sensitive to the concerns and stressors of clients and their family.
- Able to work with problems requiring independent judgment that do not subscribe to standard routines or procedures.
- Knowledge of Home and Community Care eligibility criteria and community and government resources available to seniors and their families.
Status: Part-Time (Contract)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
- hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)