- Under general direction, machine, fit and assemble component parts and precision tooling with a quality and timely focus in order to build special-purpose machinery, robotic work cells and factory automation projects.
- When required, may coordinate a portion of the activities, specified and approved by the manager, of a team of Toolmakers and apprentices involved in the mechanical build, coordination, bench assembly, floor assembly and integration of cells, mechanical assemblies and factory automation products in order to ensure that a quality product is built on time, safely and to budget.
- Set up and operate various machine tools, such as CNC, saws, welders, and apply knowledge of mechanisms, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures to support the assembly team with new work or rework.
- Must be able to run small to medium projects
- Requires a practical working knowledge of the operation of all fabrication equipment.
- Machine details, applying tolerances on prints, understand GD & T and where to apply.
- Must be able to recognize function and relationship of all details with in assemblies.
- Take direction from Manager and the appointed Lead.
- Proficient understanding of the tracking system.
- Provide project status for weekly team meetings.
- Support the needs of the manufacturing department when questions arise.
- Ensure that all print updates are being completed.
- Proceed with floor assembly according to floor plan layout, assembling the job in a safe and proper order according to procedures, providing the other departments with the tooling needed to accomplish their tasks according to the schedule.
- Participate in the debug/integration of machines. Check preliminary machine set up. Check to see if machine function is achievable and notify Lead of potential problems. Run the entire line with team and others to check functionality of operator stations, operator interface, loading and unloading areas and guarding for ease of maintenance.
- Perform rework efficiently to ensure minimal impact to budget and schedule.
- Ensure that all rework is properly recorded.
- Provide mechanical support during the duration of debug/integration and acceptance.
- Participate in tear down and shipping of the equipment, dismantling in an orderly fashion to minimize the installation time at customer’s site.
- Be an ambassador for Tekton when/if dealing with customers
- Provide customer training as required.
- Fill out daily site reports.
- Work with the Manager to be a positive, motivating force within the team.
- Communicate and be a channel of any constructive or objective ideas that arise, helping to keep the manufacturing standards up-to-date and at the highest level. Use the team as a pool of technical knowledge, solving problems together efficiently.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- A Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright, Tool and Die Maker, General Machinist, Machine Tool Builder and Integrator or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certificate of Apprenticeship and Certification of Qualification in the above mentioned trades. Two years hands on experience in integrating and assembly of custom factory automation.
- Electrical understanding, working with programmers and electricians
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (preferred)