Come Build Your Career at Aecon!
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
Location: PBR Project Site Office, Surrey BC or New Westminster, BC
The Project Quality Inspector is expected to be responsible for the bridge and associated construction inspection and monitoring of work activities to ensure conformance with the applicable drawings, specifications, schedules, work plans and procedures.
The Quality Inspector will also be monitoring in-process civil related construction activities to ensure quality work in accordance with Project’s Inspection and Test Plans and the Construction Quality Management Plan.
- Study and understand the Construction Quality Management Plan, Inspection and Test Plans and understand Hold and Witness point inspections, develop and implement checklists.
- Perform inspections to verify the work being done in accordance with ITPs, drawing, technical specification, and project requirements.
- Inspect and monitor the installation of the structural components of the bridge including stay cable, post tensioning & structural steel. (Structural Scope)
- Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing. (Structural Scope)
- Inspect and monitor reinforcing bar placements (Structural Scope)
- Inspect and monitor concrete preparation, pour and curing. (Concrete Scope)
- Inspect and monitor the excavation of the roadbed, pavement restoration or new roadway (Paving/ Road Surfacing Scope)
- Inspect and monitor asphalt paving/hot mix asphalt (HMA) overlays, and traffic control (Paving/ Road Surfacing Scope)
- Perform material testing for aggregates, asphalt concrete pavement and embankment. (Concrete and Paving/Road Surfacing Scope)
- Coordinate with the operations team to schedule QA/QC inspections and tests.
- Identify and report nonconforming work.
- Verify nonconforming work is completed as per agreed resolution.
- Review Civil and Structural QC/QA tests.
- Review material specifications and testing reports for compliance with project documentation.
- Prepare daily reports of work progress and inspection.
- Ensuring adherence to municipal or provincial standards, engineering design drawings, and technical specifications
- Follow all corporate and regulatory construction safety procedures.
- Performing other responsibilities as may be deemed appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good understanding of DBSS, ASTM, CSA, AISC, MMCD and other relevant specifications or standards
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle multi-tasking and maintain focus in a busy workplace.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work either dayshift/nightshift, alone or with team.
- Willingness to learn and undertake new challenges
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years related bridge and associated structures inspection experience
- Highway roadway projects experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Applied Science or engineering field with a preference for civil engineering.
- Good understanding of asphalt pavement and construction is required for Paving / Road Surfacing Inspector
- Cable Stay, Post Tensioning, Precast Concrete, Bridge Deck Steel structure is required for Concrete & Structural Inspector
- Certified Welding Inspector is preferred
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with AUTOCAD is a plus but not required
- SiteReadyBC is required prior to start at worksite.
- Pre-access Drug & Alcohol Testing will be conducted prior to start
- Standard workday is typically 8.5hrs.; however, you may be requested to work in excess of these hours. Shift start time also may alternate and be subject to change.
- Typical workweek is 5-7 days, but in certain circumstances, night/shift/extended shift/work weeks maybe required to meet production targets
To Apply: Please send your detailed resume PDF file to Vi Nguyen at [email protected]
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.