LifeLearnis looking to fill the position of Junior Software Developer, who, under the direction of the Director of Software Development, will be involved in the full cycle of software development and actively engaged in projects from concept to implementation. The Junior Software Developer combines a demonstrated strength in developing software applications that meet specifications and conform to current UI standards.
- Develop and maintain software applications according to the solution and detailed design documents.
- Assist with production escalations and inquiries.
- Contributing towards analysis and design, including review/discussion of assigned requirements
- Assist QA and UAT teams with verification of completed development tasks.
- Creating appropriate documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
The Junior Software Developer must possess the following:
- University or college study in Computer Science/Software Programming, or proven experience
- 1-3 years’ experience with a broad range of knowledge including database design, back-end, front-end,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Familiarity with the concepts of CI/CD would be an asset
- Familiarity with docker would be an asset
Perks of the Job
- Work-life balance — we understand the importance of balance. We offer flexible start times and the option to work from home a few days a week
- Summer hours — we believe summer hours should be a year-round option!
- Pet-friendly environment — we regularly have furry friends in the office
- Flexible benefits program — choose a plan that works best for you
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary expectations for review. While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation Requirements. LifeLearn is committed to providing an accessible workplace, in support of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) (“AODA”), the Human Rights Code (RSO 1990) (“HRC”) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (“IASR”). Should an applicant require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process or as an employee during subsequent employment, the individual is invited to communicate and discuss their requirements with LifeLearn’s Human Resources representative. LifeLearn will provide, or arrange to have provided, reasonable accommodation specific to the applicant’s or employee’s accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)