Policy and Innovation
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$41374.65 to $51718.31
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Policy team in our Office of the SVP, Policy and Innovation sector. This sector accelerates housing affordability through evidence-based policy, research and disruptive innovation.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. The Administrative Assistant performs various administrative duties to support the efficient management of the office by managing & coordinating the agenda, executive correspondence, travel bookings and expenses, and overall office operations services in the achievement of our mission, which is to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- College diploma or certificate in office administration or office management.
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, political sensitivity, discretion) and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage multiple demands that are often urgent in nature, and to prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build relationships internally within the division and externally with clients and stakeholders.
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with troubleshooting various IT equipment
- Proven organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and web based applications.
- Knowledge of financial principles, systems and procedures for budgeting purposes.
What you will be doing
- Providing administrative support to the Director focusing on travel arrangements and scheduling.
- Provide a comprehensive first-point-of-contact service to clients, effectively answer a wide range of questions through a variety of communication mechanisms.
- Liaise with senior management and key groups such as the Corporate Secretariat and Corporate Relations.
- Provide organizational support such as scheduling conference calls, making travel arrangements and arranging meetings, including managing accommodations, equipment and catering, distribution lists, attendance records, etc.
- Prepare and update reports, tables, charts, briefing materials and presentations.
- Provide a range of office services including managing requests to the Facility Management Portal.
- Retain key knowledge and information in line with corporate record management practices and security requirements.
- Provide budget administration services; ensuring that all travel claims, requests and invoices are properly coded and processed for payment in a timely fashion.
- Prepare quarterly web disclosure for travel and hospitality expenditures.
- Support computer software and system utilization, providing advice and guidance in the application of basic software applications; maintain access and control of the SharePoint document management system.
- Liaise with IT and Administrative Services to ensure functional workspaces and equipment.
This position requires to perform standard, often repetitive administrative tasks to high levels of accuracy within tight timeframes. Occasional work outside of normal working hours may be required.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID:
Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.