We are looking for several Pump Technicians based in our service area of Toronto GTA. This person will be responsible for the service and repair of a wide variety of process pumps, sump pumps, bearing assemblies and other rotating process equipment including testing, trouble-shooting, repair, machining and assembly.
- Investigate pumps and gear boxes that are not working properly using drawings, specifications, maintenance manuals and diagnostic equipment
- Inspect parts and various components, determine if parts are re-workable and write up the unit in a complete service report
- Troubleshoot all electrical
- Diagnose problems and give recommendation for repairs
- Identify necessary parts and prepare for purchasing and repair
- Refit parts by machining as required
- Assemble units according to manufacturer specifications checking tolerances
- Test repaired unit
- Adjust components and equipment as required
- Clean, organize and maintain the shop and shop equipment
- Participate in continuous improvement through training and associate development
- Assist high level G1 Technicians with repairs and training
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma/G.E.D. minimum. Formal training in industrial technology, mechanics or related field in which rotating equipment maintenance is part of the curriculum or Certification preferred
- Minimum 3 years in pump or gearbox repair experience required, which includes equipment trouble shooting, tear downs, assembly and reading of drawings and specs required to perform a proper repair.
- This position is considered a intermediate level and expected to perform routine repairs without direct supervision or assistance. 3 - 5 years experience preferred. Must have a valid driver's license. Ability to use manual machines to repair parts is a strong preference.
- Must be able to lift up to 75LBS. Position stands 95-100% of the work day.
We are a fast paced, customer service oriented company who is ahead of our competition. We value employee contributions and success in meeting and exceeding our customer's expectations. In return we offer excellent pay and benefits and the opportunity to work with exceptional people.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pump or Gearbox repair: 3 years (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)