555 Simcoe Street South, Oshawa, ON L1H 8K8, Canada
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Club Manager will be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. This position will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
Ensure staff is providing exceptional customer service at all times.
Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF’s values and goals.
Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
Resolve employee issues or concerns.
Manage progressive discipline and termination as needed.
- Lead by example with involvement in all front desk related activities.
Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service to ensure that everyone feels welcome!
Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
Check members into the system, tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates or events to members and guests.
Facilitate all member requests and help to resolve any member issues and questions.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
Ensure the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
Participate in regular facility cleaning and club upkeep such as mopping up spills, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors and re-racking weights.
Ensure safety of employees, members and club property by determining when equipment or facilities are in need of repair and communicating to Facilities Maintenance team in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate HR and Payroll Team.
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs.
- Must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma/GED equivalent and have a passion for fitness and health.
- One to three years of experience in a management role preferred.
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Suite) and the ability to learn systems quickly.
- Strong leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Direct experience managing customer focused teams in the fitness or similar industry.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- A hard working, enthusiastic and energetic management style!
- Organization, problem solving and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have valid driver's licence, acceptable driving record and must have own reliable means of transportation.
- Continual standing and walking
- Continual talking and listening in person or on the phone
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs as well as bend, crouch and reach on a daily basis
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest in a position with Taymax Group.
Taymax Group is an equal opportunity employer in the terms and conditions of employment. We believe in providing an inclusive and diverse workplace environment and welcome talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly related to our people and as a company, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse environment where we all work toward our common goal; to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we can all the Judgment Free Zone. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, color, ethnicity, citizenship, place of origin, creed, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability and any other protected characteristic.
Taymax Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please contact Human Resources at hr@taymaxgroup to make an accommodation request.