Blumetric is looking for a full time Field Service Electrician responsible for the installation and commissioning of water and wastewater treatment systems and maintenance and repair of all ancillary equipment used in the operation of water and wastewater treatment plants. Instrumentation/ PLC experience is required as the position will be responsible for programming controls within our production facility as well as in the field so all systems function as per engineering and customer requirements.
Include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain, install, repair, setup of process control equipment (I.E. controllers, transmitters, final control elements);
· Maintain, repair and calibrate instrument equipment;
· Maintains proficiency in prescribed TSSA, ESA safety procedures, codes and standards;
· Perform special investigation and experimental work as required;
· Application and setup of VFD and multi axis servo control systems
· Interpret electrical schematics and process flow drawings involving blueprints, PLC or DCS systems;
· Diagnose complex process problems, determines best resolution and execute safe repair;
· Develop, provide and ensure complete and proper safety clearances and procedures as required;
· Prepare detailed daily activity log, updates drawings and calibration sheets when required;
· Detailed teardown and repair of control valves, actuators and positioners. Reassembles, tunes and setup associated hardware;
· Perform simple layouts and fabrications to install or upgrade instrument hardware;
· Respond to service calls on all water and wastewater systems, repair, replace or adjust components where needed;
· Work with Production, Testing, Purchasing and Field Start-up to resolve questions/issues that arise
· Site work travel required for commissioning and troubleshooting. Typical travel can be expected up to 50% and sometimes on short notice.
· Creating HASP prior to site work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Valid Electrician License(309A or 442A)
· Program experience with Allen-Bradley, Omron and Siemens PLC's and HMI’s
· Two years of experience (minimum) in the electrical field
· A valid Ontario unrestricted G class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit points accumulated and have own transportation.
· Must have a valid Passport and the ability to travel internationally.
· Minimum Reliability Status security clearance or ability to get.
About BluMetric Environmental Inc.
BluMetric Environmental Inc. is a publicly traded cleantech company with a portfolio of industry‐leading engineering services and proprietary equipment providing sustainable solutions to environmental challenges. Professional services include, site assessment and remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety and geomatics. Our design-build and pre-engineered products provide solutions to industrial and commercial water and wastewater treatment needs. Established in 1976, headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, BluMetric’s award-winning team of industry experts provides a better environment for business. We offer standard working hours, career progression and generous benefit package including, health, dental, vision and RRSP contribution.
BluMetric is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity in the workplace to ensure designated groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities) are fully represented at all levels of the organization. BluMetric provides accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian with Disabilities Act (AODA). Accommodations due to a disability are available upon request.
BluMetric is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, training, development and promotions are based on ability, skill, knowledge and experience required to perform the job. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Reference ID: #5-101
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have a College Diploma in Electrical/ generator/ PLC Instrumentation or equivalent in experience. If experience, please elaborate.
- Do you have experience with Allen-Bradley, Omron and Siemens PLC's and HMI’s?
- Electrical field: 2 years (preferred)
- Class G Driver's License (or provincial equivalent) (preferred)
- Electrician License (309A or 442A) (preferred)