Applied Industrial Technologies LP is an extensive network of industrial distribution facilities located throughout Canada. We are currently seeking and have an immediate opening for a qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of General Manager supporting our Cranbrook, BC and Castlegar, BC branches (can be based out of either location).
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the General Manager will provide overall strategic direction and support to branch sales, service and support staff. This role will be a champion for safety and will differentiate through superior customer service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for directing, planning and managing overall center activities including, asset management, profitability and growth, outside sales, programs and activities related to product promotions, office and warehouse functions, and customer service. Direct accountability for service center profit/loss.
- Direct and manage center’s sales activities including, developing sales objectives and strategies; identifying and evaluating new customers, market conditions and competitive pressures. Identify opportunities, make recommendations to management and implement plans to maximize sales, increase margins and expand market share.
- Manage and assist in developing sales expertise and knowledge of product lines.
- Lead and champion a safe and healthy work environment
- Determine sales force account assignments, monitor and review sales performance, including goals achievement, margin improvement, customer complaints and territory management.
- Attend sales calls within the territory, maintain customer relations and be engaged in direct sales activities
- Prepare and develop annual center (s) operating budget reports including items such as forecasts, sales, margins, expenses, productivity and inventory.
- Work closely with other departments, divisions or associates on matters of mutual concern and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Completed post-secondary education or significant industry experience
- Prior management experience is required
- Sales cycle experience, B2B preferable
- Shop Experience and/or a technical background would be an asset
- Local market knowledge
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership abilities
- Ability to work independently to take responsibility for day-to-day tasks of operating the service centre (s) and driving sales
- Proficient computer skills – SAP experience is an asset
Applied Industrial Technologies offers competitive salary, comprehensive group benefit plan, capped company matching RRSP contributions and ongoing opportunities for training and development.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- industry related management: 3 years (Required)