Looking for employment and want to stay ahead of the competition? Do you want to work for a place that knows how to work hard AND have fun? If you’re ready to break the bonds of chain-affiliated hotel regimes and achieve service excellence, Brookstreet is the place to be! This 276 room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Ottawa’s high tech community and is guaranteed to offer unique experiences for guests and employees alike. Are you ready to break the bonds of typical chain-affiliated hotel regimes and drive innovation in your area of expertise?
Au Naturel Spa is Ottawa’s premier spa offering an indulgent assortment of treatments and services. We are looking for a talented, dynamic and professional Receptionist to join our team.
Located in the heart of the Kanata Research Park; working at Brookstreet Hotel means redefining the hospitality experience in Ottawa. We deliver sensational service, beyond the bounds of a typical hotel chain.
Apply online at www.brookstreethotel.com/careers, Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work for us?
Overview of the role:
- Free covered parking.
- We will feed you! Staff cafeteria serving hot meals, salad bar, pop, coffee & more.
- We provide uniforms (and we clean them).
- Paid personal days.
- Discounted hotel stays for you, your friends & family.
- Discounts on gym memberships, spa, golf, mini golf, restaurants & café.
- Great social events including; annual staff gala, kid’s Christmas party, summer anniversary party, staff appreciation week and more.
- Hotel training program, plus when you complete it, we give you a free night stay with a dining voucher!
- Quarterly recognition & award celebrations
- Medical benefits & RRSP provided for full time staff
- Employee assistance program with additional perks
- Leadership development training program
As the Au Naturel Spa Receptionist, you will interact with guests and partners with utmost professionalism, ethics and confidentiality. You will provide excellent service to guests who come in to our Au Naturel Spa as well as provide guidance and assistance with retail products. The successful candidate must take pride in his/her own appearance and well-being and be an ambassador for Au Naturel Spa and Brookstreet Hotel.
Job duties include:
- One year previous experience in similar role and/ or environment.
- Must be available weekends and holidays – open to close; and weeknights to close.
- Excellent guest service, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to perform basic computer skills
- Self-motivated and ready to go above and beyond.
- Team player
- Scheduling guest spa services while implementing proper procedures
- Greeting guests and escorting to waiting areas
- Educating guests on services
- Maximize books for each service professional in a fair and consistent manner
- Closing sales and encourage guests to pre-book services
- Cross-service recommendations
- Product recommendations
- Executing standard telephone procedure using appropriate customer service etiquette
- Confirming appointments
- Informing service professionals of daily schedules and/or any adjustments
- Resolving guest challenges, utilizing support from the Spa Manager when necessary
- Responsibility for balancing and checking register drawer
- Performing other duties as assigned
Brookstreet is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. Brookstreet Hotel welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities, to support the Integrated Accessibility Standards, Ontario Regulation 191/11 for the Employment Standards set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodations and/or a copy of these documents in an alternate format for reasons related to a disability, please contact our Casting Department (Human Resources) at 613-271-3592. To review our AODA IASR Employment Policy please contact the Casting department.