We are a dynamic, innovative social service organization that strives to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all. We do this through a continuum of programs which provide assistance with housing, life-skills, education, employment, and community-based services, with the goal of helping individuals achieve greater independence.
Please visit our website for further information www.jhspacific.ca.
The Home Share Program is a residential option in which adults with developmental disabilities share a home with someone who is contracted with John Howard Society Pacific (JHS) to provide ongoing support. The Home Share Provider role is to provide a safe home environment where adults can develop social and life skills to ready themselves to reach their full potential for independence.
For more information on the Home Share residential option, please visit the CLBC Website
HOURS (Multiple Positions Available)
This position requires supervision of clients as needed.
- Provides flexible and evolving support to individuals changing needs within a home
- Works with the guidelines and instructions within the Home Sharing Services Handbook and all other policies and standards set for the Home Sharing Program
- Provides suitable accommodation (ownership or lease), to be the primary residence of the individual
- Ensures a stable, structured and home-like environment and positive role models to guarantee the safety of the Individual
- Takes appropriate action to accomplish the objectives set for the service user
- Cooperates with any plan established by the Agency or the Ministry for the placement of the Individual outside the Home
- Establishes safety and emergency procedures to provide support, care and supervision consistent with the Personal Service Plan of the Individual
- Ensures that the Individual and their chosen family are involved in all planning and decision making on matters affecting the Individual, whenever possible
- Assists the individual in making effective choices concerning the development and maintenance of friendships and relationships
- Conducts regular and ongoing communication with the individual’s support teams, maintaining clear and professional relationships
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a proven ability to provide a safe environment to the individuals we serve. The ideal Home Share Provider:
- Resides in the Fraser Valley
- Has appropriate space and time to care for the individual
- Has a desire or experience to assist individuals achieve their optimal independence
- Significant and recent experience in providing care to individuals facing multiple barriers
Preference for Home Share Providers with Social Services experience and knowledge of non-profit work environments, especially the Criminal Justice System and Developmental Disabilities.
- Ability to successfully complete a Criminal Records Check for everyone in the residence that is over 18 years old
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
The compensation will vary according with the contract and individual being served.
JHS welcomes applications from all qualified applicants including but not limited by those of any sex, race, orientation, or disability. Multilingual skills and multicultural competence are assets.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the subject line “Home Share Provider, Surrey/Delta/Langley"
Job Types: Full-time, Contract