The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope, to apply your expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience using WordPressis required or will not be considered
- Knowledge of web design and multimedia software an asset
- Ability to design for social media (using photo, GIF, cinemograph, motion graphic, typography, illustration) is considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail as well as written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of industry experience
- A diploma or degree in web development
- An online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and design principles (provided during application)
- High level of proficiency in English
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract, Freelance
- WordPress: 1 year (Required)
- Web Development: 2 years (Required)
- Web Design: 1 year (Preferred)