Boundary Bay Veterinary Specialty Hospital (BBVSH) is seeking 6 Veterinary Technicians to work in the following departments in our busy Hospital:
· Emergency/Critical Care/Triage
· Internal Medicine
Our Hospital is located in Beautiful British Columbia, on the outskirts of Vancouver and we are a VECCS Certified Level 1 facility.
We guarantee you won’t be bored here and we are a perfect place for a VTS. We support our techs that want to pursue a VTS with additional group training sessions, journal club and mentorship.
New graduates are welcome too, we are a teaching hospital so we are fully committed to creating a learning environment to help you grow in your career.
Because we have such awesome specialists our techs get to see and assist with a variety of exciting interventional procedures such as:
· Subcutaneous Ureteral Bypass Systems
· Urethral and Tracheal Stenting
· Intrahepatic Shunt Coils
· ACDO for PDA
· Worm Embelectomy -Removing heartworm directly from the heart – our personal favourite
We offer a relocation allowance and/or a signing bonus.
Our Doctors, Technicians and Veterinary Assistants are a cohesive team of professionals who strongly believe in collaboration, communication, respect and lifelong learning. BBVSH has board-certified specialists in surgery, oncology, neurology, critical care, internal medicine, radiology and cardiology. We also offer a full rehabilitation department complete with an underwater treadmill. Each department works together with other services within BBVSH, as well as accepting referrals and emergencies from other specialty and general practices.
In our 10,000 square foot facility we are open 24/7 and employ upwards of 100 staff members. We have 4 surgical suites, 2 digital x-ray suites, designated surgical prep area, on site CT and MRI scanner, C-Arm, a chemotherapy treatment room, procedures room and in-house blood donor program.
Our team of Critical Care Specialists and ER doctors see cases which require immediate intervention and stabilization, as well as offering consultations for referring vets on emergency cases. Along with these patients we treat and care for animals that are under the care of our various specialists.
We have a dedicated, continually-staffed Intensive Care Unit which ensures we provide the highest level of care to patients with life-threatening conditions. Take a tour of our hospital: http://bbvsh.com/tour
Our company culture prioritizes and values veterinary technicians and their essential role in the clinical team.
BBVSH is a great place to utilize and grow your skills in a challenging, rewarding, fun and respectful environment. We offer in house CE, fully paid conference registration and travel fees to top quality specialty and emergency conferences in North America, journal club, advanced skills labs, and a support team to help you further your education or to help you achieve a Veterinary Technician Specialty.
More information on the specific position you are applying for will be made available on application, and we are an Equal Opportunities Employer. Here is what some of our technicians have to say: https://bbvsh.com/vettech-video
Additional benefits we offer:
· Paid association dues
· Extended medical and dental plans
· Uniform allowance
· Generous staff discounts on services and products
· Group RRSP plan
· Bring your pet to work
· A social committee to plan events and parties throughout the year
Our Veterinary Technicians have access to up-to-date patient care technologies such as:
· Electronic ICU flowsheets with anesthesia monitoring record integration
· Snyder oxygen cage
· High flow nasal oxygen
· Mechanical ventilators
· Anesthesia ventilators
· Multiparameter monitors (including invasive BP )
· In house lab machines
· Ultrasound machines
· Multiple digital x-ray machines
· In house laboratory machines to perform PCV/TP, CBC, chemistries, blood gas, electrolytes, coagulation panels, snap tests and teaching microscope
Duties of the Registered Veterinary Technician include but are not limited to:
· Prepare and administer medications under direction of a veterinarian
· Assist the veterinarian before, during and after surgery
· Anesthetic monitoring for all ASA classifications (Class 1-5, Class E)
· Performing diagnostic tests and radiographs
· Placing IV and arterial catheters, blood collection, blood transfusions
· Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
· Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
· Provide wound and bandage care
· Counsel clients on animal health care
· Hospital and equipment maintenance
· Medical record keeping
· History taking, client communication, patient updates
· Be a graduate from a Veterinary Technician program (College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years)
· Completed the VTNE
· Must be able to be registered through the BCVTA
· Priority will be given to VTS applicants
· Prior experience working within a Specialist Referral Hospital is an asset- however, full internal training will also be provided.
· An attention to detail as well as ability to multi-task
· English proficiency
· Excellent written and communication skills, ability to comfortably communicate with staff & clients
· Team player
· Organized, takes initiative, flexible, accurate
· Willingness to relocate if necessary: relocation costs covered by employer
Language of Work: English
Location: 202 - 20434 64th Ave, Langley, BC V2Y 1N4
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$35.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call