CVFHT is an Academic Family Health Team affiliated with Trillium Health Partners and the University of Toronto. It is an engaging inter-professional primary care team dedicated to continuous learning and excellence within primary care with a demonstrated track record of impactful quality improvement activities. It is a not for profit organization that receives funding from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and provides primary health care services to over 12,000 patients in Mississauga. The CVFHT also has a mandate to provide French language primary care services to the Francophone community.
The MOA supports the professional staff and learners of the Credit Valley Family Health Team and CVH Family Medicine Teaching Unit in providing exceptional quality care to all patients and their families.
Medical Administrative Duties:
- Greets and registers patients to the clinic in a professional friendly manner.
- Screens patients for infection and cough and directs accordingly
- Enters/checks all demographic, contact (including email) and health card information accurately electronically and also does manual check.
- Ensures all forms required are handed out, explained, completed and collected.
- Prints encounter sheets and labels.
- Triages phone calls to direct to other team members when required for urgency and support
- Books appointments as required
- Collects money and creates invoices
- Reconciles cash/cheques with outstanding invoice and prints receipts.
- Cleans and organizes reception area and maintains waiting room.
- Answers phones in a timely and courteous manner
- Manages interactions proactively and deescalates challenging situations
- Takes care of assigned physicians; follows up on tasks such as patient recalls to clinic, diagnostic tests, typing letters, scanning, sending and tracking referrals and other relevant task.
- Ensures tasks assigned in Accuro are completed in a timely fashion.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Ensures all billing sheets are handed in on time.
- Trouble shoots minor IT issues or alerts IT department or consultant as needed
- Supports FHT activities such as notes at meeting, statistical collection
- Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts including projects and tests of change
- Supports effective workflow of assigned clinical area and providers through electronic and printed communication as needed e.g. physician/NP schedules
- Greets patient, screens for isolation requirements
- Obtains height/weight/BMI/BP and documents
- Obtains well baby height, weight and head circumference
- Escorts patient to room as appropriate and prepares for provider e.g. change into gown, complete screening questionnaires
- Prints additional labels if required
- Retrieves blood work results from labs, Meditech and EMR as needed
- Transports specimens to the lab if required
- Sets up and cleans rooms, including removal of dirty instruments between patients and at end of day
- Checks and reports any equipment maintenance or general cleaning concerns on a timely basis and immediately as hazards present
- Stocks rooms liaising with other staff to ensure a just in time supply and avoiding over stocking
- Sterilizes equipment under the direction and supervision of the nurse supervisor or delegate
- Prepares pamphlets and packages, stamps requisitions
- Checks and stocks clinical forms
- Couriers paper work from front desk to clinical areas
- Sorts mail and distributes as needed
- Collects reports and communicates statistics as assigned in Accuro and from Meditech
- Supports the medical office administrative staff as needed including booking follow up appointments, making reminder calls, scanning etc.
Formal, Minimum Required:
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a Medical Secretarial Program and/or related office administration course preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant employment experience
- Ability to speak French is an asset
Previous Related or Special Experience Necessary:
- Previous related clerical experience in a physician practice/hospital setting preferred
- Health and Safety – infection control and sterilization of medical instruments in a community setting
- Effective communication/interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Computer literate
- Proficient at Microsoft Office
- Typing speed 60 wpm
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Accuro
- Knowledge of Meditech an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
- medical office: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- English (Required)