Take in gorgeous sunsets on the sandy beaches of Lake Huron, fish for salmon in the Saugeen River, hike trails through beautiful forests, and enjoy farmland that stretches as far as the eye can see. It will only take you a short time to realize that we value our heritage, respect the natural beauty of our environment, and enjoy our bucolic rural life style.
We also have the tremendous benefit of being a hospital partner to Bruce Power – which has embarked on one of the largest infrastructure projects in Canada with a $13 billion life-extension project that will continue through 2053, allowing its units to operate safely through to 2064.
South Bruce Grey Health Centre is a four-site hospital located in mid-western Ontario with locations in Kincardine, Walkerton, Chesley and Durham. We serve a community of 44,000 people, plus 10,000 seasonal residents and 30,000 tourists across our catchment area. Two hours from Toronto and London, and 90 minutes from Kitchener-Waterloo, all of our sites offer 24/7-hour emergency care. Other services include acute, coronary, obstetrical, surgical and a full range of diagnostic and ambulatory care services. SBGHC is complemented by four strong, vibrant and supportive Foundations, as well as an engaged Patient and Family Advisory Council.
Temporary Full Time Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Officer
South Bruce Grey Health Centre is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Full Time Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Officer. This position is not to exceed April 2020.
To participate as a team in the preparation, development and maintenance of an integrated accounts payable (AP) service as well as integrated accounts receivable (AR) service. Ensure all controls are followed, issue timely payments to vendors, as well as ensuring the proper coding of all invoices. Ensure accuracy of outstanding charges to clients and responsible and accountable for reconciliation, collection and follow up of all outstanding charges at SBGHC. Participate in setting and achieving goals of the AP and AR process that supports visions and values of South Bruce Grey Heath Centre.
Position Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- Completion of an Accounting Diploma at the college level and a combination of several years of accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience. Hospital background is a benefit but is not necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Crystal reporting would be an asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate coaching/mentoring skills and a “Team Player” attitude.
- Effectively manages and meets deadlines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to build successful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing situations that may require immediate attention of appropriate person/people.
- Knowledge of and adherence to SBGHC Core Values (Accountability, Leadership, Collaboration, Integrity, Safety, Empathy and Excellence)
- Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health and Safety practices.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Institute Health Information MIS Guidelines and the Ministry of Health OHRS guidelines.
- Driver’s license and vehicle for bank and post office pickups.
SBGHC is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SBGHC will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- accounts payable: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vendor Management: 1 year (Preferred)