Job title :
NURSING UNIT ASSISTANT
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital is looking for a casual Nursing Unit Assistant for their Pre-Surgical Screening department.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;(ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED) Must be minimum 5 minute typing test.
- A Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
Hours of work:
- Prioritizes, processes, coordinates and transcribes physicians’ orders;
- Acts as a communication link for the Unit;
- Schedules, books and coordinates patient/resident appointments;
- Assembles and maintains patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribes information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
- Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
- Maintains timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
- Observes patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED) Must be minimum 5 minute typing test.
- Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.