Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Associates in this night-shift position select and stage orders for delivery to Sysco customers.
What you'll get:
Hourly wage of $21.42 per hour + night shift premium + $1 extra per hour when working in our freezer + bi-weekly incentive bonus potential!
Full Time permanent associates will earn up to $24.10 after only six months (plus premiums)!
Full Time permanent associates receive comprehensive and flexible benefits after 3 months, including company pension plan!
Get paid to stay fit, no costly gym membership required!
Hours of work:
FULL TIME - 4 ten to twelve hour shifts, falling between Sunday and Friday (mandatory shifts include Sunday and Thursday)
Consistent schedule with shifts starting between 5:00-5:30 pm
Role Responsibilities: Maintains an acceptable level of production and accuracy while selecting food service orders.
- Loads pallets to ensure safe delivery of product to customers.
- Adheres to all Preferred Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understand and comply with Sysco’s policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety.
- Carries out duties in a safe manner as instructed through safety training.
- Participate in various meetings/groups (shift, departmental, company and safety).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager and Supervisors.
- High School diploma.
- English fluency.
- High volume warehouse experience using a pallet jack and/or forklift is beneficial.
- Medium to high level of physical exertion is required; repetitive, continuous lifting up to 40 kg.
- Ability to work in a cold/freezer environment (gear provided)
- Reliable and safety conscious with a teamwork attitude
- Ability to pass criminal record check
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
- Integrity & Accountability
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Proactive Learning
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
For more information about Sysco Canada please visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts * Short-Term and Long-Term Disability * Life Insurance * Company Pension Plan * Group RRSP * Employee and Family Assistance * Stock Purchase Plan * Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University * Sysco product discounts * Preferred vendor discounts * Free on-site parking * Employee appreciation events * (*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
Job Types: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.42 /hour
- Warehouse Distribution: 1 year (Preferred)
- Woodstock, ON (Preferred)