We are looking for an individual with strong customer service skills to fill the role of Dispatcher. The Dispatcher will primarily be responsible for answering calls, recording information and dispatching technicians to site. The successful candidate will maintain a professional demeanor and communicate effectively with all stakeholders (customer, office and field technicians).
CORE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Knowledgeable of the various regions within the Capital Regional District.
- Ability to remain calm, rational, and analytical despite periods of heavy workloads and time-sensitive service requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, internally and externally, in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to prepare work free from errors and perform responsibilities in a thorough and independent manner.
- Ability to see beyond present assignment and search for improved techniques, methods and processes to upgrade or facilitate work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Previous experience in mechanical service, field service or construction environment is an asset.
- Fluent with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Windows operating systems.
- Demonstrated efficiency and accuracy with typing/word processing.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain long-term customer relationships.
REGULAR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle customer calls, emails and complaints for service-related matters in a timely and professional manner, and aid where possible.
- Develop and maintain accurate call records in service management software.
- Determine and dispatch service technicians to ensure efficient resolution of technical problems while maintaining customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Inform Service Manager/Supervisor of work progress, customer relations, field personnel relations, material administration and other matters affecting service operations.
- Build rapport and productive working relationships with coworkers, customers, vendors, and other outside contacts.
- Dispatch personnel and equipment in accordance with applicable contractual agreements. Display complete understanding of components of the standard contractual agreements including services provided and terms and conditions.
- Audit service reports weekly in accordance with established procedures.
- Follow up on outstanding work orders to determine status and report out to managers on periodic basis.
- Develop, update & maintain process documentation in accordance with ISO standards
- Invoicing as required
DEPARTMENT ASSIGNMENT AND COMPENSATION
This full-time, hourly position is held within the Finance and Operations Department of the business. This job description is subject to change for personal growth, organizational development and/or evolution of new technologies. Initial compensation shall be negotiated based on applicant's experience. Regular compensation adjustments shall be a factor of performance, interpersonal attitude, customer satisfaction and displayed professional growth. A competitive benefits package is included following successful completion of probationary period.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- dispatching: 2 years (Required)