You are required to be fully bilingual in both French and English for this position.
Calling all client support superstars! Are you interested in being at the heart of the democratic process and supporting Members through this new era of digital Parliament? Now is your chance!
In support of the 44th Parliament and its virtual sittings, a recruitment and selection process is being launched to fulfill the position of IT Ambassador. These roles will be at the forefront of historical change – they will have both supporting, coaching and training responsibilities for the very first e-voting application. If you have a passion and desire to be a part of something new and exciting- this may be the right opportunity for you!
About the Role:
The IT Ambassador is accountable for the delivery of client support services to Members of Parliament, House Officers and House Administration Executives to provide personalized and onsite assistance for IT services and technologies offered by DSRP, to ensure effective and timely liaison with other IT support units and monitor service responses, as well as to minimize the client impact from new technology and services including participating in outreach activities to promote new technologies to those clients.
The Ideal Person:
In this role, you will need to be highly adaptable, willing to learn and passionate about client service. As part of a dedicated team, this individual is a true team player that performs best in high-pressure, high-stress situations, working directly with high profile clients. Considering the operational business of this role, the person must be available to work extended or irregular hours as well as weekends. They may also be asked to work overtime on short notice.
Successful completion of post-secondary education from a recognized institution in a related field such as Computer Science or Information Technology OR an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in handling sensitive situations and escalations with appropriate business acumen;
- Experience in understanding client needs and requirements and proposing suitable solutions;
- Experience providing IT support in a corporate networking environment;
- Experience logging, tracking and monitoring service calls and face-to-face requests from various clients and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated interest in learning, working and supporting virtual parliament.
- Knowledge and experience supporting virtual platforms and live events (e.g.: Zoom; Microsoft Teams);
- Has a thorough understanding of parliamentary procedures.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $68,107.00-$86,176.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Application deadline: 2022-07-01
Expected start date: 2022-09-06