At XTL, we know that positive financial results will help us grow. As the Pricing Analyst, you will review and analyze the pricing strategy at XTL. Your focus will be creating profitable rates for new and existing customers based on our current network, growth areas, changing customer shipping patterns, and the competitive market environment.
As a Pricing Analyst, you’ll continually improve the freight network by identifying pricing opportunities that maximize revenue and minimize operational cost. You’ll analyze the market to identify opportunities and collaborate with the XTL teams to improve our financial results.
Primary Job Functions
- Help create and execute our pricing strategies
- Prepare and Manage rate quotes and proposals
- Provide spot quotes and rates to Sales and new customers utilize internal and market tools to develop pricing proposals
- Follow up with Sales representatives on all customer proposed rate agreements
- Assist with the preparation of general rate increases.
- Research/identify market trends that will assist our pricing strategy (unprofitable lanes)
- Maintain communications with customer service / sales team regarding pricing requests
- Pricing TL & Intermodal lanes for the Logistics division
- Manage our AS400 tariff (input rates / expire rates)
- Manage daily Report of rates report to ensure rates are maintained daily.
- Work with customer service/billing on all rates to ensure rate accuracy especially intercompany and spot rates.
- Communicate rate problems, leads, and inquiries to the sales representative
- Work with the credit team on rate discrepancies
RFPs (Request for Proposals)
- Organize and Manage RFPs with Customer & Sales
- Manage RFP Websites and Passwords
- Manage deadlines on RFP's and ensure proper lead time to sales for review
- Update Carrier information (RFI) and rates templates
- Identify lanes that will fit our Network, Pricing Strategy, and Growth Strategy for each division
- Communicate deadlines and results to Sales
- Provide a weekly RFP summary to sales
Manage fuel surcharge programs
- Enter fuel surcharge programs into our AS400 for DOE & FCA
- Enter Customer's own Fuel surcharges into AS400
- Manage BTF programs for all customers
TCG – Activity Based Costing Tool
- Use and Improve the accuracy of our Activity based Costing Tool
- Run all RFP's through the TCG database
- Sort and prepare TCG Data for Pricing/Sales review
Qualifications and Competencies
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of logistics or transportation experience
- Proficient with Excel
- Detailed Analytical skills
- Able to work independently and with a team
- Very organized
It’d be great if you also:
- 2+ years of logistics or transportation experience
- 1 year of related pricing experience
- AS400 experience
- Like to Negotiate
- Knowledge of Canada and USA geography
- Education in business, accounting, math
- Familiar with systems (rate tables, revenue trends, yield performance, etc.) to retrieve current data and respond to benchmark requests for new analysis.
- The person assigned to these functions must be recognized for their versatility, adaptability and ability to work as a team. You will be required to perform the job according to established procedures and follow directions or instructions, while managing priorities. The achievement of objectives or expected results will be ensured by your ability to perform your tasks with precision, accuracy and speed.
A Career with XTL Offers:
- Competitive salary & comprehensive company paid benefits package (100% paid) including, health, dental and vision coverage, life insurance and much more. Professional atmosphere, great working conditions, dynamic leadership, training and professional development opportunities.
- Interested applicants, please forward your resume by responding directly to this ad.
- All applicants will be treated with the highest degree of confidentiality. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)