We are a small Toronto law firm seeking a Law Clerk/Legal Assistant experienced in residential and commercial real estate matters. We are looking for an individual with positive energy, who is not afraid of learning, and dedicated to providing efficient, high quality work in a collaborative and professional manner.
Responsibilities and duties:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for organizing, managing and completing all manner of residential and commercial real estate transaction files (purchase, sale and mortgage) from start to finish with minimal supervision, including drafting and reviewing transaction documents and correspondence with clients, other solicitors and lenders, through to reporting to clients and lenders
- Proficient with drafting and formatting documents
- Conducting and reviewing title and off-title searches
- Preparing and responding to letters of requisition
- Order and arrange title insurance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial and residential real estate
- Experience in private mortgages
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with attention to detail
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in MS Office applications, Teraview, Unity/Conveyancer, PC Law
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to think out of the ‘software box’
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate from a recognized institution
Salary will be based on qualifications and work experience. We offer excellent salary plus benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants with the required skill set and experience will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have a modern, spacious, ground floor office with COVID-19 protocols in place and capable of maintaining social distancing practices within the office space. Masks are required.
- Legal Assistant: 5 years (preferred)