We are a well-established, specialized construction company with a vision to be a leading provider of piling solutions in Western Canada. We are looking for an experienced corporate controller to join our dynamic team. For more information on TerraCana Foundation Solutions Inc., please visit our website at www.terracana.ca
This position reports to the Owner/Principal and provides financial reporting, budgeting and analysis as part of the Executive team. Our financial reporting is one of the best insights into the health and performance of our Company. We expect that you strive to provide the best information possible and your financial expertise to evaluate and communicate the results.
Our people are our greatest asset. We expect you to capitalize on opportunities to develop your skills and help others within the organization grow We also expect everyone to contribute ideas for improving the way we operate and grow the business.
- Maintain Company books and reporting, including individual job costing and profitability reports
- Compilation and lead of monthly and quarterly group meeting packages (company scorecards, monthly financials)
- Prepare and manage budgets and financial forecasts
- Liaison with external tax and legal and banking advisors
- Provide periodic financial information to outside stakeholders
- Oversee administration of accounts receivable, payable and payroll
- Manage treasury and cash flows
- Contribute to Human Resources function
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role. Knowledge of the construction industry is a definite asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or an equivalent degree is required
- Strong working knowledge of accounting including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, job costing, payroll, and tax
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication (both oral and written), organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Managerial experience leading a small team is preferable
We offer a competitive wage and the final salary for this position will depend on your experience and level of effectiveness. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter along with references. Thank you in advance for your application. Only those candidates selected for an initial shortlist will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time