peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing family-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences in long-term care and retirement living. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas and are always looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths include our investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast as we continue to expand our horizons and seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living! That’s where your talents and ideas come in! If you enjoy challenges and working with people – and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff and partners! – then apply to the great opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare dietary team, the dietary aide will follow established policies, procedures and standards. This position assists with food preparation and serving of meals. As part of the dietary team, the food service worker will provide meal service according to the resident nutritional profile and in a timely manner to maintain a pleasurable dining experience.
Reports to: Director of Food Services
Duties are determined by the home and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Complies with all provincial/long term care regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures.
· Assists in maintaining the dietary department in a safe and sanitary manner. Provides assistance to the Cook in the preparation and service of meals.
· Assists in the preparation, re-heating and service of beverages, breakfast items, vegetables, nourishment items, salads, desserts and catering as assigned.
· Serves meals and beverages, following residents' diets and food preferences, using the Dietary Profiles and Therapeutic Menus.
· Assists in monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises Director of Food Services/Cook of problems.
· Follows proper food handling techniques. Dates, labels, and stores food properly. Keeps work area clean and uncluttered and completes scheduled cleaning duties. Maintains cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
· Completes pre-start up equipment checks as necessary.
· Meets scheduled meal and snack times.
· Uses equipment and supplies properly.
· Sets and cleans dining tables and trays.
· Assists in dish and pan washing, storage, and cleaning duties.
· Completes all necessary documentation of food and refrigeration temperatures as assigned. To include dishwasher temperatures as applicable.
· Communicates and co-operates with staff, residents and their families.
· Assists with maintaining the security of the department.
· Participates actively in department's Quality Management program and any department/home committees as requested.
· Participates actively in special occasion and theme meal days.
· Alerts Director of Food Services to problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
· Is knowledgeable of, and practice, home's fire safety and emergency programs.
· May participate in resident care conferences and quarterly reviews, when assigned.
· Attends departmental and home staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions. Assists in the orientation and training of new dietary employees.
· Promotes a positive team spirit within the department. Maintains good attendance record according to Company policy. Performs other duties as are necessary and appropriate.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· New hires, including any internal transfers from departments other than the dietary department and any former employees of a Dietary Department must have completed, or be enrolled in the Food Service Worker training program.
· Must maintain up to date certification in the Food Safety Food Safety Awareness Program offered by Public Health.
· Preference will be given to individuals who have previous Long Term Care experience
· Must have leadership qualities, be self-motivated and be able to organize and manage a home area kitchen.
· Must be able to read, write and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively with residents of an LTC home.
· Must be able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
· Must be an effective team player who works well with others and is able to take directions.
· Must be able to maintain an acceptable standard of health and personal hygiene.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Long Term Care: 1 year (Preferred)