Note that this role requires 80% travel
The Automation Technician (known internally as Field Service Representative (Mechanical)) is responsible for servicing automation equipment remotely and at the customers’ facilities with a focus on resolution of customer issues to support increasing customer loyalty and revenue with alignment to the customer’s needs. Responsible for preparing comprehensive service reports to support system improvements and generating additional opportunities.
- Troubleshoot mechanical equipment at the customer’s facility and make the necessary adjustments to bring equipment up to running status.
- Report and correct abnormal equipment conditions and inaccurate actions by customer staff.
- Support developing operating and troubleshooting knowledge of the operations team.
- Review/suggest additional tools or equipment necessary to better operate or maintain customer equipment.
- Make recommendations to repair/replace only items that require repair/replacement.
- Travel to both domestic and international customer locations for long and short term support.
- Lead on-site team and liaison with customer and ATS Project Manager.
- Coordinate 3rd party vendors and assist to resolve technical issues as required.
- Follow ATS and customer’s plant and safety regulations while at their facility.
- Complete detailed Service Report for the services provided in a timely manner and submit to the appropriate people.
- Ensure customer issues have been resolved through follow-up communication and project/case closure if required.
- Be available to be on-call on a rotational basis.
- Communicate through various mediums with internal and external customers to understand needs and support resources and solutions accordingly.
- Collect and assemble all necessary technical information and customer specifications to prepare for service scope.
- Facilitate warranty/non-warranty claims with the customer.
- Coordinate service projects including team meetings, schedule and financials as required.
- Assist others and take on temporary or permanent assignments as requested by the Service Manager.
- Responsible for keeping up with current products and equipment used at ATS in Cambridge.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding customer expectations in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
A post-secondary diploma, degree, or certificate of qualification specializing in mechanical engineering, Tool & die maker, MTBI, or equivalent. Design experience is an asset.
A minimum of five years of experience in a hands-on mechanical environment. The successful candidate is a good communicator, displays professionalism and has well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of customer and ATS management in a multi-disciplined engineering environment under pressure. An excellent understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics with basic electrical and system control, along with the ability to read engineering drawings, reference manuals and assembly systems instruction guides is essential. Must have experience and be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Individual must have the ability to quickly gain knowledge to readily troubleshoot systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Machine Building: 8 years (Preferred)
- Automation: 8 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 8 years (Preferred)