The SI Alarms Ltd. Suppression Team is responsible for selling, installing, maintaining, and repairing portable fire extinguishers, and special hazard fire suppression systems. This team does not typically work on fire sprinklers or fire alarm systems, but often works alongside those teams to provide comprehensive life safety services to customers.
- The qualified candidate will Manage and run a route servicing existing fire extinguishers. Also in addition to performing service and perform installations of pre-engineered and engineered special hazard fire suppression systems. Provide sales and support to customers needing products and services to meet compliance with current fire codes.
Examples of fire systems included in this definition are those that protect kitchen hoods, automotive paint spray booths, data centers, fueling depots, heavy equipment (mining, manufacturing), power generation, etc.
- Sell new accounts on the route based on the same compliance criteria.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as needed and meet deadlines
- Comply with all customer service obligations as set forth by the manager and all company policies.
Perform all other duties as set forth by the Manager. This may include but is not limited to assisting S.I Alarms Fire Alarm division, and in-shop Suppression work.
- This role is responsible for the service and installation of fire suppression products and systems, as well as in assisting the suppression team in achieving their goals as a whole.
- The fire suppression systems we work on are a combination of mechanical and electrical technology, and similarly, a varied skill set is required to be successful in this role. The successful candidate must be able to work with their hands and use hand tools, and also think critically, solve problems, and perform computer-based tasks. They will be required to be organized so they can effectively maintain the stock of materials necessary to do their work and submit paperwork as necessary. They must also have strong time management skills. While the hours of this position are regularly Monday-Friday 8-4:30, flexibility when it comes to scheduling is a must, as early mornings are common, and overnight and weekend work is an occasional necessity.
- The successful candidate must exhibit patience, Team orientated, and work well amongst a team of co-workers. strong customer service skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills when interacting with customers and the local Fire Department.
- Experience in Fire Suppression 3-5 years (Service, Maintenance, and
- Experience in Fire Extinguishers, 3-5 years (Service, Maintenance, and
- Understands and complies with NFPA 17A standards
-Understands and complies with NFPA 10 standards,
-Strong organizational and communication skills
-Strong mechanical aptitude, and ability to work with their hands, work -Safely from a ladder.
-Technology skills, including intermediate expertise using email, Excel, and Smart Phone apps.
-Be able to obtain and retain required provincial licenses.
-Possess a valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record.
-High School diploma or equivalent.
3-5 years experience with the service and sales of fire extinguishers and/or other suppression products preferred.
Provincial licenses in Portable Extinguishers, Pre-Engineered Systems, and/or Engineered Systems.
General background working with fire protection and life safety devices preferred.
Good understanding of building codes and regulations.
Skilled trade experience and/or education a plus.
Job Field Operations
Primary Location - Winnipeg, MB CANADA"
Expected start date: TBD
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,653.00-$118,022.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Company Car
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday